monitor connections

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Markus (aBraXuS) 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

monitor connections

Hey guys, recently my graghics card broke, and my 2 hard drives. I have had them replaced.

I used to use a adaptor to make the connection from dvi connection to the graphics card, but now it does not fit the new one.

would a hdmi be good enough for gaming?

Profile Photo

Reply To: monitor connections

Sure it will work since it’s newer tech than DVI, HDMI >1.4 can do 1080p at 120Hz. I suggest you try find the best cable/connection combo that you need for your monitor. If you have a G-sync monitor, for example, you need a Displayport cable for G-sync to work iirc 😉

thank you samzlx I went out and bought the HMDI cable and it worked.

My monitor is not specifically a monitor more of something you would use for watching films. I have no idea if this makes any difference

I now have a new problem.

I have a sony bravia tv that I have tried to use, I have used the hdmi cable, but all I see is a black screen.

I have tried to trouble shoot this and tried the tv side of things but to no avail.

I’m just hoping one of you guys has found this before and knows the solution.

my grapghics card is NVidia 1060 it has 4 ports . 1 hdmi 1 display port and 2 big ones I don’t know the name

ps. I am using an old lcd display tv atm..this works ok. I am just wondering if it has anything to do with the hd side of thing

Profile Photo

Could you be at a resolution or refresh rate the sony tv doesn’t support?

Profile Photo

Have you checked the windows monitor settings? Sometimes you need to change it, before it newly added monitors gets “detected”.

d

ok, thanks guys for the idea`s…

I will try this but I’m thinking I will need to run 2 screens. one I know that works and the sony … reason being that I can see what I’m doing on the one that works.

also thinking that maybe I should have started the computer without monitor plugged in. then plug it in, in the hope it detects it.

On another note: Try to find a display mode on your TV that says gaming or no effects or something like that. TVs aren’t really made for being a PC monitor and do a lot of post processing on the image which takes time and introduces lag which you will notice in shooter games. So if there is a display mode that turns some of that postprocessing off you can do a little better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.