A little bit more serious/Looking for a challenge

Forums Important Stuff and Information News & Server Information A little bit more serious/Looking for a challenge

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  v1nemAn 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

A little bit more serious/Looking for a challenge

We have a TF2 team, and while that is fun, it is simply not my cup of tea.
I want to go and create a Team to compete in tournaments. It is a lot of fun, a great way to connect to a lot of ppl (I still have guys in my friendlist from playing l4d 5 years ago) and while very taxing, also rewarding.

So for everyone who wants to take on something a bit more serious (I’m talking about 1-2 training sessions + 1 game session per week) I would like to get this organized.
On the topic of the game: BF4 seems to be the natural choice, since most of our gaming revolves around that, yet my competitive nature drives me towards the king of FPS games (Playercount): Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I have created a L4D squad for this community in the past with somewhat limited success. So I do not know if there are any fans of this game currently present or if we would have enough players for a BF4 team. I would be reluctant to open one alone and go on a recruitement hunt for that, as there are already ppl here I love playing with.

Give me your 2 cents on how to proceed, or tell me if you are up for this. Tell me how you would like to do this and under what circumstances.

Profile Photo

Reply To: A little bit more serious/Looking for a challenge

I’d pick GO over BF4. Is there even any comp scene for BF4 seeing how the game lacks any kind of support for competetive play?

Profile Photo

The whole BF4 competitive scene is one big joke. Saw a ESL finale where the server crashed and people crashed out all the time aswell.

I say that GO would be best too. I’ve got it and could be tempted to try it out.

Profile Photo

I have always had a competitive nature especially in FPS, I have competed in console tournaments in CoD and Halo. BF4 would be pretty fun!
Count me in what ever the game!

I think there is a BF4 competitive scene, but its only slightly bigger than Titanfalls ^^.
I played my last games pretty much 1 year ago and before that not much either, so there will be a bit of a learning curve…
We need ESL accounts and to be invited into the MG Mainteam and within that a subteam for CS:GO.

Until this is setup, the ingame lobby system is sufficient to get some action.
Lets get together some time and … well … die together i guess.

I am interested in playing CS:GO competitively. Been years since I have done anything serious!

Most of us should have ESL accounts set up from our 2142 days anyway.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/player/3340900/

I have played CS 1.6 for 1 year, but that was a long time ago. But i still bought CS:GO just for some fun. I play it every 3 weeks or so and only a few rounds.

So going CS:GO competitively sounds very interesting for me.

I would be interested in playing battlefield if others were. I don’t have CS:GO, never played counterstrike before… I’m not sure about CS:GO, I’ve thought about trying it out but when I go check out a stream its always being played on the same map the same way, I feel like i would get bored of it pretty fast.

Profile Photo

I have my account o/ just logged in 🙂

I would definitely be up for it depending on my shifts and with the pudd!

x

Profile Photo

I’m in! More for BF than CS, but I played for years on CS 1.6, so I really well know maps from CS

Profile Photo

http://www.esl.eu/eu/team/6236320/ Join password is: d2f70143

I can’t control the main-team on ESL, that’s either Ryan (urby) or Sean…founders of MG.

But I do control one of the sub-teams listed above.

To make one thing clear: BF4 is not made for competitive gaming. Of course its possible to play each sunday a cup or to join A-series. But in the end its just like all the tries to play bf4 serious: it´s impossible due to the randomness related with the game. CS:GO on the other hand is made for competitive gameplay. In case you guys consider going to bf4 I´d be in. Just need to get rid of the dust and get used to the game again 🙂

Profile Photo

Well dust off and join us all on our server o/
x

I’m up for Bf4. Not a big lover of CS but haven’t played CS:GO so would give it a CS:GO if everyone chooses it.

We definitely need training days and a bit of commitment for anyone looking to join up but it should be fun.

Profile Photo

so would give it a CS:GO

Terrible!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.