A new mouse

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
Profile Photo

A new mouse

Hey guys ๐Ÿ™‚
I’m using the Logitech M705 right now but it’s slowly giving up after a Long while. I dont usually rage but when i rage, then on cost of my poor mouse ;).
So I wanted to ask which mouses you prefer? It only should have those buttons on the side.

Thank you in advance

Profile Photo

Reply To: A new mouse

never go wirless mouse!

Best All-Purpose Gaming Mouse LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE
They had this mouse as showroom in the Media Markt, and it is looking good, and sitting comfortably in your hand.

But everyone has his own taste of what mouse is best i got a G500 for 5 years now and its working fine.

Profile Photo

I think Kuzhov said something about optical sensor is better for FPS than laser in mouse.

I got the Mionix Naos 3200: http://mionix.net/mice/naos-3200/

It has the same shape as the old Steelseries Ikari (had 2 of them in a span of 2-3 years). Don’t like Steelseries for that reason, because they got “double-click” when one-click. My Mionix has been solid for 4-5 years now, no problems at all. The shape is great if you have wide/big hands, very comfortable.

Profile Photo

Remi, thank you for announcing me, self-proclaimed mouse expert and self-proclaimed guru of cursor precision.
Laser mice are bad for first person shooters because they have slight acceleration, meaning you won’t get perfect 1:1 moves like with optical sensor.

Casper, prepare about 50-60 euros.
For that price you’ll get mouse with the best sensor, Pixart PMW 3310. Mice which use that sensor are following:
– Zowie FK1/FK2 – ambidextrous with 2 side buttons, hard scroll wheel (really easy to switch weapons with that) and great switches under every button except for scroll
– Zowie EC1-A/EC2-A/ZA11/ZA12/ZA13 – basically the same inside as FK2, just with different shape
– Steelseries Rival – right-handed shape, nice drivers and rubber under the thumb that wears really quick, plus gay backlight (I seriously don’t get it when people want some lights coming from their mice)
– Mionix Castor/Naos 7000/Avior 7000 – don’t know much about them, read some reviews if switches are okay

I’m not recommending Logitech or Razer mice because they use some shady modifications in their sensors. Also Razer is meme brand, like Doritos and Mtn Dew.

Also get some nice mousepad, mouse skates will thank you for that. Zowie P-TF Speed is my recommendation here.
Another also – don’t forget to turn off mouse acceleration served with Windows and don’t use “Enhance pointer precision” option from Control Panel:
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

I got the steelseries rival. It’s a great mouse. It’s very big tho and the rubber on the sides wears off quick as Kuzhov said.
It’s also very hard to clean which is annoying me. Other than that I’ve had no problems. Feels very accurat to me ๐Ÿ˜›
I prefer a big (52cm or more) cloth mouse pad.

Profile Photo

Currently im using Zowie FK-2, its good, but not as good as Roccat kova or kova+, i have both models, currently modificating them.
With laser mouse you will always have some sort of acceleration/deceleration, plus you dont do anything over 3000 dps.
I like big cloth mouse mats, been using steel’s Qck+ long time. Like said, remember to use mousefix.

List of sensors: http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-mouse-sensor-list

Info about mouses: http://www.overclock.net/t/951894/the-truthful-mouse-guide

Also good reading : https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Some list of mouse testing software : http://www.overclock.net/t/1201593/mouse-testing-software

Profile Photo

I’ve got a G402 Logitech.

This is a FPS mouse needed with precision and many buttons.

Profile Photo

I needed an upgrade for my Logitech MX500 UBERmouse and got the LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE. I amm very happy! Like the extra buttons on there and the quick-control of the DPI on the mouse itself!

Profile Photo

Thank you all for help ๐Ÿ™‚
I checked out the 4 mice from the “Guru” and I think I will try out the Rival. It Looks pretty good to me and also fits to my Headset, even if it has those fancy lights on the back ๐Ÿ˜€

Profile Photo

never go wirless mouse!

This…. my god….never…..

In my opinion you can never go wrong with a Logitech! I have a Proteus Core, one the best mice I have ever used!

I needed an upgrade for my Logitech MX500 UBERmouse and got the LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE. I amm very happy! Like the extra buttons on there and the quick-control of the DPI on the mouse itself!

^^^^^^^^^^

I want a new mouse too…any pointers? I currently have a razer naga which I got a long time ago during my MMORPG days since it has a million buttons, but now I play mostly FPS it isn’t so fit for purpose.

Profile Photo

I want a new mouse tooโ€ฆany pointers? I currently have a razer naga which I got a long time ago during my MMORPG days since it has a million buttons, but now I play mostly FPS it isnโ€™t so fit for purpose.

The Logitech G502 Proteus Core, every. Single. Time.

Such a good mouse, good price so you are not paying out the ass for it! I have had razer products for years and they Logitech just feels so much better built! Plus the software is far superior to any I have used before!

Profile Photo

kuZhov’s list is good, and add roccat kova/kone to that list.

Profile Photo

My memory must be playing with me, I though Kova or Kone had angle snapping or jitter…?

Profile Photo

Roccat kone pure optical/pure military has none (A3090 and PMW3310h respectively)

A lot of Zowie’s are equipped with same sensors too.
Roccat kova and kova+ are done with A3080 and 3305DK-H, so with kova+ there is slight accel, but its not noticeable.

On top of everything, seems that Avago and Pixart are having somekind of cross-licencing deal for shuffling the deck even more.
Next time im gonna try some of the Mionix models.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.