A troubling issue i would like to raise

Forums Important Stuff and Information Community Talk! A troubling issue i would like to raise

This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  BrianSaysRelax 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

Reply To: A troubling issue i would like to raise

As its pure racism (towards two races i might add) and there is no defence for it.

Crit,

Apologies for wading in, but you’ve directly quoted me in the first post and linked me to racism so I would like to reply to you.

As a brit, I make my jokes based on my opinions of the absolute shit show that our country has entered. Do I do this for legitimate political debate? No. I do it to unwind and poke fun with likeminded individuals, mostly europeans. Being British is not a race. This is absolutely not in any way racism. Being British is a nationality. I, myself, define my nationality as European. My identity is now no longer the case because 52% of the population of my country decided my nationality was not shared with them. Following the logic of nationality as race would imply anyone that voted to leave is a gigantic racist. Memes aside, I am not accusing those people of being racist.

I wont step into the religious issue but I would suggest you consider whether a pastafarian is a race.

Among the quotes you took from me, by the way, you missed out the fact I come from Hull up in East Yorkshire…
Hull was destroyed and never recovered. Why a factual comment regarding German bombing of my home city where I have living relatives who can describe the blitz to me in excruciating detail came up as a part of your list of slander against the british “race”, to which I also belong, frankly I have no idea.

Thanks,
Ryan

Profile Photo

The “brits and muslims” line is pretty obviously edgelording to me, welcome to the 2010s. Is it funny? To me personally it’s pretty meh, but then I’ve been an old person since my mid teens.
Just pretend they’re jimmy carr jokes with some of the funny bits removed, just the “shock value” left.

Whatever i wish to participate in within the community i would have just liked to have done it without seeing this repeated garbage plastered all over the general channel by the same small group of members. I am usually on discord 6 out of 7 days a week and there is usually some reference during the week at some point.

I don’t know, I still don’t really share this general impression. I lurk our discord pretty much all week as well, I honestly haven’t noticed much any anti-brit sentiment or very many brexit jokes. I’m not british, so perhaps I’m not that tuned to it, but I’m probably above average interested in brexit.
I’d guess maybe a brexit comment every other week or something, hardly a constant barrage.

I felt I had to reply to this topic as I am English.

The people I know and play with in mg I class as my friends, and I know they would not knowingly try to offend me. To be honest you should have spoken to the guy when they said it.

I cannot comment on the quotes given as i do not know in what context they were said, but they were lame comments anyway imo.

So i have to reply to this. Most of us banter and try to get under your “skin”.
let it be your religion or nation. I din’t get offended by fin jokes, nor any other things.
Seen what Muslims or English can endure, i would say you take this bit too in person, unless you are a Muslim…
If you are a Muslim or a Englishman, Fuck off 🙂 I take shit from “better players” then me and wont get offended.
And still dont see what the problem is in discord.
Dont be so sensitive about religion and race.

Profile Photo

The member who wrote that comment + others got kicked from the admin “staff” and left the Discord voluntarily. He has since rejoined again as a new man and has behaved since.

We care about the community and we have banned or kicked +1000 people for racism or bad behaviour. I’m absolutely baffled if someone don’t wanna join us, because we look “racist”.

Profile Photo

Glad we have defined the difference between race, religion, nationality and identity. It didn’t really have any great bearing on the point i was trying to get across but i’m glad it was sorted.

Like i said in my original post the practice is accepted within the MG community as is evident from the replies.

Personally I do not wish to discuss the topic at greater length as everyone (including myself) has already expressed their opinion on the matter.

It is with deep regret that effective immediately I relinquish my MG membership. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Peace!

Crit

Profile Photo

Like i said in my original post the practice is accepted within the MG community as is evident from the replies.

We’re disagreeing on both what “the practice” is, and the extent to which it occurs. IMO labelling MG as racist/nationalist/whatever based on what goes on in discord is pretty strange.

Anyway, take care.

*edit*
to hell with it, I’ll just say it. Leaving over a single comment two and a half years ago that no one condoned makes it look like you were actively looking for something to be offended by.

fkn Tottenham fans… other clubs atleast have hooligans

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.