Android phone battery life improvements

Forums General Discussion Hardware & Software Discussion Android phone battery life improvements

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick_Balkany (Aymeric) 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Android phone battery life improvements

I have been noticing that my phone’s battery life has become pretty horrible lately. I would be interested to hear your tips/suggestion how to prolong the battery life.

I’m currently using an LG G4 with the stock Android 6.0 installed. (probably using a custom OS would help, but which one?)

Here is a quick info which things I am already doing:

• Turning off wifi/bluetooth/nfc/gps when not needed
  • Setting the screen brightness as low as possible while still being usable
  • Using manual screen brightness
  • Using Greenify (App)
  • Switching to flight mode when in an area without cell reception
  • Disabling Sync for everything not needed.

Any suggestions are appreciated πŸ™‚

Profile Photo

Reply To: Android phone battery life improvements

Charge it through USB port in PC

Uninstall Facebook app if you use one, it’s proven it drains battery like crazy

Charge it through USB port in PC

Does that actually change anything?

Uninstall Facebook app if you use one, it’s proven it drains battery like crazy

I will definitely try that. I do have it installed, well I could say had it installed πŸ˜›
The app has probably a lot of spying software running in the background :O

I’m not sure either about that charging through PC, does it even have enough output to do it in less than whole day? Also never drain all your battery, don’t discharge it to 0% or even under 10%, new phones have new batteries that you can charge pretty much any time you want and it’s “healthier” to do it when it’s on like 30%-40% than completly drained.

Profile Photo

Slower charging helps with battery life, either charging through PC or buying shitty, cheap, chinese USB cable works.

LG G4 is officialy supported by CyanogenMod community with nightly releases. However you’ll need phone with unlocked bootloader to load custom rom.
For now try Greenify. But remember that Greenified app will stop receiving notifications, so it’s not ideal for app like Messenger. And as Dave said Facebook apps are very bad for your battery (and performance). Especially main Facebook App. It’s better to use Facebook Lite or visiting it through browser.

PS: I somehow didn’t see that part where you said you used greenify ;F

Thank you for all your suggestions. I will try most of these and will let you know what made a difference! Keep posting if you have more ideas/experiences πŸ™‚

Don’t use location services, whether they use gps or not. Use manual updates from play store. Reboot when apps are updated (seems like voodoo but works for me).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.