Basic Training Revisited

Forums Games Battlefield 4 Basic Training Revisited

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: Basic Training Revisited

I thought I was done with the topic of reviving, but I have to ask. For the people who map defibs to 4 and not 3, keeping the medkit at 3: What the hell is wrong with you weirdos?<br>
That question probably applies to a lot of you guys, even if you sensibly put defibs on the gadget 1 slot though. Apply where useful.

It’s called extra mouse buttons. I have Gadget 1 bound to F and Gadget 2 bound to Scroll Wheel Right. Also, preference.
And maybe just the fact that a lot of people played BF3 before BF4 came out, where gadgets are split in two categories.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest, I have a question. Apart from extended throw-range, which I can sort of see the benefit of at certain times, is there any reason I should favour the “First Aid Pack” over the “Medic Bag”?<br>
So far I’ve been applying my near flawless “I unlocked it later, so it must be better!” logic, and so have been using the medic bag. This is also why I always have the 40x scope + flash light on my sniper rifles, if you’ve been wondering.

Med packs can heal on the move (as they “stick” to players and heal them over time), their healing also ignores suppression.

Profile Photo

I thought I was done with the topic of reviving, but I have to ask. For the people who map defibs to 4 and not 3, keeping the medkit at 3: What the hell is wrong with you weirdos?<br><br>
That question probably applies to a lot of you guys, even if you sensibly put defibs on the gadget 1 slot though. Apply where useful.

It’s called extra mouse buttons. I have Gadget 1 bound to F and Gadget 2 bound to Scroll Wheel Right. Also, preference.<br>
And maybe just the fact that a lot of people played BF3 before BF4 came out, where gadgets are split in two categories.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest, I have a question. Apart from extended throw-range, which I can sort of see the benefit of at certain times, is there any reason I should favour the “First Aid Pack” over the “Medic Bag”?<br><br>
So far I’ve been applying my near flawless “I unlocked it later, so it must be better!” logic, and so have been using the medic bag. This is also why I always have the 40x scope + flash light on my sniper rifles, if you’ve been wondering.

Med packs can heal on the move (as they “stick” to players and heal them over time), their healing also ignores suppression.

Showoff 😛 I have many mouse buttons too, it’s still craziness.
Handy info on the packs though. Do they stick to the first person who runs by then, or do you actively pick them up?

Profile Photo

I run first aid kits simply because everyone else uses medpacks. 10 hp/s + medpacks’ healing means lightspeed healing.

Profile Photo

I don’t like the small medkits as a squadleader. I usually run with the big one, so there somewhat of a save base/spot for the squad to heal up. Using combat medic so I can put two medpacks down and revive quickly.

As a squadmember I think the small medkits is a good okay. The suppression can be a annoying on the small maps like lockers, so they are quite handy there.

About the keybinds: I’ve been used to BF3 where defib was on key 4. I also think that BF2142 had the arrangment, where the defib was the last thing you could pick – 1 pistol, 2 main weapon, 3 pk’s/shotgun, 4 medkit, 5 defib, 6 grenades. Using shortcuts on mouse or using keyboard is about what you are used too, both can be equally quick – I would argue that keyboard users are quicker, because you are already doing a lot with your right hand, and maybe you are from south korea and play a lot of starcraft 😀

I couldn’t even tell you now which I have binded to what. It’s been instinct for me since BF2 days to whatever it is.

As for the packs. The pack heals one the bag heals many. Bag it is for me. If you throw the bag the squad concentrates on defending their position if you throw the pack everyone runs for the pack.

Profile Photo

As Remi and DTA I also carry the big medpacks and use the combat medic upgrade (or whatever you call it). Gives the best and quickest revive to my squadmates.

Also I have dropping a medpack or ammo of repairtool set to the same key so no mather which class I play the ‘help’ function is under the same key. I use a Logitech Proteus core g502 mouse (great mouse btw) which has many keys on it dor setting dpi for instance. I have dpi up (see keylayout here) set to the same key to get medpack, ammo of repairtool. Its right next to the left-mouse-button so can quickly give aid and fire after that. Works great for me!

Profile Photo

As Remi and DTA I also carry the big medpacks and use the combat medic upgrade (or whatever you call it). Gives the best and quickest revive to my squadmates.

Also I have dropping a medpack or ammo of repairtool set to the same key so no mather which class I play the ‘help’ function is under the same key. I use a Logitech Proteus core g502 mouse (great mouse btw) which has many keys on it dor setting dpi for instance. I have dpi up (see keylayout here) set to the same key to get medpack, ammo of repairtool. Its right next to the left-mouse-button so can quickly give aid and fire after that. Works great for me!

I use the g502 too, I just haven’t bothered mapping anything to it (yet?). Might start using the scrollwheel up and down for something, at some point though. Generally I prefer to keep stuff to my left hand though.

Re: healing speeds, I thought the speed was the same for both bags and packs, only the bags heal in tens, so if interrupted you might lose a few points?

As for other basic tips, I could be the second last to know this, but I saw someone on locker the other day turn around when facing a locked gate. I only recently spotted it in a youtube video myself, but it turns out locked gates aren’t locked, they just make you waste a bullet.

Good tips guys. I’ll try out the smoke n’ revive tactic!

I use the big medic bag just because I like to heal more people at once and I feel like I can heal on the go with the big bags as well.

I simply jump and through the medbag up in the air while running. I mean you can really spam that thing.

Information received and understood, pity I play at the end of long work days, so my brain is not always at it’s best! I will try and helpful kicks up the ass I am not following protocol will be appreciated 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.