Batman vs Superman (Spoilertalk!)

Forums General Discussion Movies and TV Batman vs Superman (Spoilertalk!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Batman vs Superman (Spoilertalk!)

Ok so I’ve watched it yestarday and I have very mixed feelings, leaning towards “not recommended”, I’m not a huge comic-book reader but I know a thing or two. From the good parts that I can name:
– Ben Affleck as Batman and Jeremy Irons as Alfred, it’s really a matter of how strict you’re with Batman but for me he was portrayed very well and their scenes are really shining throughout the movie BUT people might not like Batman killing folks, and yes he shoots and blows people up without really thinking about it. And then he’s trying to tell Superman what’s the right thing to do (and Superman didn’t kill anyone intentionally/with premeditation)
– Wonder Woman was pretty good, I was expecting here to be the weakest part but surprisingly she held up pretty good
And that’s all of the good parts, now the bad parts:

– Lex Luthor or Jesse “god fucking damn it” Eisenberg, that god awful attempt at portraying one of the most important characters in DC. He was more like a Joker than Luthor, and not only that, he was a really bad idea of what Joker sounds and acts like. I can’t emphasise enough how fucking horrible Eisenberg is not only as Luthor but as an actor in general. He played phenomenal (for his abilities) in Zombieland but after Social Network he kinda started playing everything on the same note just…stronger and stronger with every movie, with BvS being the grand finale of shitfest. If anyone has seen Kingpin in netflix Daredevil – he’s the perfect Luthor (minus the weight), his manierism, he’s cold blooded stare, he’s etiquette, he’s just perfect.

– Zack Snyder clearly doesn’t understand the universe or the characters. He might be good at filming simple stories like 300 or even all dark setting Watchmen (I’m still not sure how he did pull off Watchmen) but now he’s just ruining DC Universe by doing the same thing for every hero. He uses the same template for Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and he’s gonna do it for the rest of Justice League where every one of the members is a different, complex characters with their own motivations and goals. I’m really afraid how they gonna create The Flash because Snyder already said he’s going for a dark setting which is exact opposite of what The Flash is. The Flash pick itself can be big miss more than big pick, I just can’t see him work, I can’t imagine Flash having long hair, he’s not gonna fit it under his cowl, and Flash wearing a mask like Green Arrow? That just can’t work (if they’re going to use Kid Flash costume I will go ballistic), the only reassurance is that they have pretty good writers for that, but still I feel like Snyder will smear his filthy fingers all over that movie, but that’s enough of that

– The story in BvS just dosn’t make sense, not only the movie is cut in such a way nothing really holds up together, the scenes seem so randomly cut and pasted but the ending is just fucking horrible. The could play “kill Superman” card once and they played it when nobody gives a shit about Superman. BvS was more about Batman that it was about Superman (I’d say 40% screen time was Batman, 40% Luthor + Lois and 20% Superman) so when they killed him at the end it didn’t really mattered for anyone, “he just died, fuck him he destroyed Metropolis twice, I’m glad Batman is alive”. They should keep that card for future movies, when they establish Superman as the guy who always does the right thing, and he’s respected by everyone and loved then he should be killed making his death meaningful because now he’s just dead. And surprise, suprise, he’s not even dead because they ressurected him immidiately which makes the whole thing just pointless and now they can’t kill him again because nobody will give a shit “Oh they will just ressurect them again”.

For people who are there just for the show, just to watch shit explode and people punching other in the face BvS might be the thing but for the people in for the “lore” this movie is a shitshow and I might care about future movies IF I knew Lex Luthor/Eisenberg won’t ever show his fucking face again but sadly, that’s not the case so I will avoid DC movies with him. Thank god Flash has nothing to do with him (or at least he shouldn’t, who the fuck knows what Snyder has up his sleeves)

Profile Photo

Reply To: Batman vs Superman (Spoilertalk!)

I saw it a week ago and for me, the film wasn’t really good, but enjoyable. As I mentioned before I haven’t read any of the comics so I don’t have much information about it.

What I noticced was, that there was just too many content for just one movie. There should be one with Affleck as Batman to explain why he does what he does in BvS. I didn’t really understand WHY he wanted to kill Superman on all costs. It would also have explained why he started killing people. On social media it sais that Joker brutally(!) killed one of the Robins and after that, Batman started killing People if he has to.

One more proof for that that happened is this:

So Snyder didn’t simply forget that like everyone thinks. I think the reason for why they didn’t make this movie is simply that there were already a lot of Jokers in the past with one unforgettable one and there will be one more this year in suicide squad.

A second film would have been the actual Batman vs. Superman with more time and less of the silly, unnecessary plot twists (“Martha”). This would be the one I hoped for when I went into the cinema and expected a 45 minute battle between them but what I got was rather dissapointing.

And the third one would have been the fight against Doomsday. The would have had more time to show his power and explain his ability to absorb energy istead of just letting the goverment shoot him with a nuke in under 1 minute. Also the “The kryptonite lance is in the city. Instead of getting the lance, we bring the monster to the city.” nonsense could have been avoided.

All in all it is fun to watch but it didn’t really make sense to me. (Remember: haven’t read the comics)

Profile Photo

Finally watched it and really liked it. I’m so bored of Marvel movies and same action-comedy script. I love the brutal Batman. I have not read his comics in years, but I watched the Dark Knight Returns cartoon (based on Frank Millers comics, which the movie is mostly based on too): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Returns

Really recommend it. This old and worn out Batman is super cool, and he also kills someone very important.

The Movie: Luthor was annoying but kinda OK. Afleck was badass. Superman was OK, but his numb look in his face gets a bit boring. WW was freaking cool, her theme music was awesome.

Profile Photo

Seen this deleted scene? Also directors cut should be released around summer and should be +3 hours.

Profile Photo

WTF was that?? Darkseid?

Yes, probably, next standalone movies will take time when BvS does (or earlier/shortly after) but everything will lead up to Darkseid showing up in Justice League movie it’s the only logical thing. And for the love of god can he wipe his god damn nose…

Profile Photo

Well, Darkseid must likely will come, as his Omega sign and flying soldiers was shown in Batman’s weird desert dream.

I didn’t like this movie at all.
I have to admit I’ve never seen a Batman oder Supermanmovie before, never read any comics and never planed to watch this movie..well. Stuff happened. So, I’m totally not into this whole DC/Marvel/whatever thing.
Maybe this is one of the reasons why my main thought through the whole movie was “what the actual fuck?”. E.g this mad max dream of batman with his -admittedly- fancy coat.
Or when they are fighting against each other (which is a .. 5-10 minute sequence? In a 2 1/2 hour movie that is called Batman vs Superman? For real?) and they both discover that their mothers names are Martha and instant become best buddies.
I think this movie was too much stuffed with content and sometimes even boring/long-winded at the same time.
Affleck did a nice job, Cavill might become the new Kristen Stewart with his somehow non-existent facial expressions and this crazy guy sometimes tried too hard to be crazy which then even turned into ridiculousness sometimes.

Buuut.. it was nice to watch relating to the special effects and so on. 3D and IMAX was awesome in this case.

Profile Photo

Or when they are fighting against each other (which is a .. 5-10 minute sequence? In a 2 1/2 hour movie that is called Batman vs Superman? For real?) and they both discover that their mothers names are Martha and instant become best buddies.

EXACLTY what I thought 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.