Battlefield 1

Forums Games Upcoming Games and News Battlefield 1

This topic contains 195 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  Crit 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 196 total)

Battlefield 1

Well what is the consensus? It looks good, but that is easy to accomplish with well edited promo videos.

Price is a funny thing as usual, £50 on origin in the UK for the basic edition, but £35 at Argos of all places, all you lose is the Red Baron pack, hardly sounds like it is worth £15!

I’m tempted to order and at the same time be in hope of finding some time to start playing at a reasonable hour again!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5537509.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|cid:200291570|agid:12525667730|tid:pla-193259272130|crid:66128557730|nw:g|rnd:9562874231584937251|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2ay8BRC7sYequMydsq0BEiQAbEX9UAsItoAaLipN5KSIY9BF8NKLkkgLYK2m2QT0xLnBCOsaAi_r8P8HAQ

Reply To: Battlefield 1

Dude. Game’s still in alpha and you want to order it? At least wait for beta release.
pcmr

Well what is the consensus? It looks good, but that is easy to accomplish with well edited promo videos.

Price is a funny thing as usual, £50 on origin in the UK for the basic edition, but £35 at Argos of all places, all you lose is the Red Baron pack, hardly sounds like it is worth £15!

I’m tempted to order and at the same time be in hope of finding some time to start playing at a reasonable hour again!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5537509.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|cid:200291570|agid:12525667730|tid:pla-193259272130|crid:66128557730|nw:g|rnd:9562874231584937251|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2ay8BRC7sYequMydsq0BEiQAbEX9UAsItoAaLipN5KSIY9BF8NKLkkgLYK2m2QT0xLnBCOsaAi_r8P8HAQ

I played alpha, Ameno and Lauri too and I can’t speak for them but I’d say – wait for beta, the game is really good, I’m just not sure if it’s good enough

Profile Photo

Dude. Game’s still in alpha and you want to order it? At least wait for beta release.<br>
pcmr

If the beta is any good and classic is confirmed, I’ll probably pre-order.

This isn’t going to be everyones cup of tea. The ones who love gadgets and 5million guns and mods are going to hate it.

If you prefer the strategy and squad/team leading side of the game you will love it.

The vehicles actually mean something in the game. The fighters shoot down the bombers that destroy tanks and armoured placements that kill infantry. I even spent time bombing them and i hate the aircraft aspect, and it was plenty of fun and felt like it contributed to helping the team.

As I’ve said before though the map that we can play is big has depth. It isnt just a flat piece of map it has high and low points and feels more like a BFBC 2 map or BF2 map than BF3 or 4.

Loads of issues though that I need answers to but it is already better than the BF3,4 betas that were released.

We’ll see if it gives us what we want in gameplay and until I know I wont be getting it.

Profile Photo

If you prefer the strategy and squad/team leading side of the game you will love it.

Well that sounds promising at least.

Profile Photo

Sorry John, but do not go in so deep yet: “If you prefer the strategy and squad/team leading side of the game you will love it.”

– Still no classic preset (we will probably just roll out on custom mode anyway if not)
– Whole new CQ ticket system means medics are not relevant (hold space for quickspawn)
– Squadleaders got a whistle (if he says GOGOGO, lol) and a new commo-rose for flags + https://gfycat.com/IllIdioticDesertpupfish . I mean it is nice, but it is not like it is something huge – like specific squadleader gadgets or the motherflopping ability to put a got damn marker on the map or via commo-rose (like in BF2/BF2142).
– And another terrible thing – Proximity scan is where an enemy will have a marker if he is close enough, don’t matter if you have not seen him. So that is a free wallhack. More info: https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/4tgkha/this_proximity_scan_will_ruin_the_game/

I have not played alpha or anything, only read topics/feedback on reddit and seen videos. Game looks amazing. But the new ticket-system makes the game more run&gun then ever, since dying won’t make a difference in tickets.

Profile Photo

– And another terrible thing – Proximity scan is where an enemy will have a marker if he is close enough, don’t matter if you have not seen him. So that is a free wallhack. More info: https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/4tgkha/this_proximity_scan_will_ruin_the_game/

On the plus side, maybe an automatic wallhack in vanilla is what is needed for classic to end up as the most commonly played mode? 😀

So the proximity spot is a cone ahead of you? Auto spots for minimap too? I’ve seen the 3D version of it, just forgot to make mental not of the minimap situation.

Proximity what? Is this a gadget/perk/weapon mod? I didn’t notice it in alpha and I have no idea what are you talking about (or that guy on reddit). I know that enemies don’t even show after they shoot (prob to counter balance lack of silencers during WW1) but autospotting people nearby? Wat

Profile Photo

Sadly I don’t recall which youtuber posted it, but someone did a test where they walked back and forth a bit and the 3D spot icons popped on and off. No manual spotting involved.

That was a video for BF4. Don’t know if they did that for BF1.
Didn’t notice people pop up on the mini-map during my plays, but that might also mean that I am not always looking at the mini-map.

Profile Photo

That was a video for BF4. Don’t know if they did that for BF1.

What was? The video I’m referring to was BF1, and 3D spotting most definitely popped in with proximity. The video isn’t very old, less than a week, I’d guess. They were experimenting with it, not normal gameplay.

*edit* There we go, Ravic.

I think someone is just stirring shit up for giggles, he posted on reddit without any video or screenshot or a gif to back it up, the only thing that was close to “proximity scan” is this gif https://gfycat.com/TestyElderlyGosling but it only shows how horrible 3d spotting is, it has nothing to do with proximity scan, any of his allies (which I counted 6 near him) could spot that one guy. His icon dissapearing behind a cover has nothing to do with proximity spotting, people seem to missunderstand the term. Unless I see video proof, I’m not buying this story.

edit: Ok, watched the video, isn’t this the same shit as showing enemy name above their head that we know from BF3 and 4? Or am I remembering something wrong? Same shit when it don’t show up above friendly and we sometimes shoot them as a result. More so, it dissapears when he moves out of range.

Profile Photo

See my edited post above.. By all means, it could be he has a buddy standing 100m behind him hitting Q on command.. but it looks convincing to me.

See my edited post above.. By all means, it could be he has a buddy standing 100m behind him hitting Q on command.. but it looks convincing to me.

I’m not saying it’s fake, but I think it’s just showing enemy name/class when youre close just like it does in Bf3/bf4 (minus the class, that’s new) rather than spotting the enemy which I understand as marking his position on the minimap – which sadly he doesn’t show. Those are two different things one is bad, one is really bad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.