Battlefield 1

Forums Games Upcoming Games and News Battlefield 1

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 196 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: Battlefield 1

As far as I could gather from some jackfrags gameplay, this auto 3D spot does not auto 2D spot as well. Auto 3D spot that spots through all kinds of shit is still pretty bad. Also, in BF4 vanilla I believe your cursor has to be pretty close for the autospot to work. This seems to at best be a very wide cone or autospotting (meaning you can’t run past anything and miss it if it was ever in your field of view and closer than say 10m). At that point, what’s the point of paying attention? Or trying to hide?

I am agains preordering games but if it grants me bf1 beta access than I am allin <3

Also the way I see it the next BF will be placed in WW2 which is already very exciting to me (if it comes true) <3

I am agains preordering games but if it grants me bf1 beta access than I am allin <3

Also the way I see it the next BF will be placed in WW2 which is already very exciting to me (if it comes true) <3

There will be open beta, as always, no need to preorder

Profile Photo

Pre-ordering game whose devs are catering to casuals instead of series veterans just to get unfinished, buggy pre-release version is just dumb.

Profile Photo

Its not too dumb. If you want the extras that you get as an incentive to pre-order then why would you not.

Usually i would not say that but with Origin having its Great Game Gaurentee is quite a safe option (assuming your pre-order is through Origin ofc), as if the game/launch is awfull you can refund it!

+ you get 3 vehicle skins…..who would not want those!!!! 😀 😀

Oh god, that proximity spotting is the worst so far. Why does Dice insist on doing such horrid things?

Edit: Every time you preorder god kills a kitten, think about the kittens!

Profile Photo

I don’t like kittens. Pre-ordering now then.

That’s cold man

Usually i would not say that but with Origin having its Great Game Gaurentee is quite a safe option (assuming your pre-order is through Origin ofc), as if the game/launch is awfull you can refund it!

That might be true, but you have exactly 24 hours after you first launch the game. Is this enough time for you to decide if a game is awful or not? This might be enough if all the bugs make the game unplayable, but gameplay-wise it will take me longer to decide.

There might still be hope after a bad launch. Remember when Bf4 came out? It was awful, but over time they managed to fix it to the state the game is in today. I am not a fan of the “release no matter how buggy it is and we will see if we can fix it later” attitude, but at least they did fix the issues (unlike certain other developers)

Profile Photo

Noone is a fan of that attitude 😛

I’m not totally sold on the game and your reply to my post Remi is spot on. If they learn from the lessons of BF3 and 4 and get it right for this I will be sold on the game though.

The Alpha is really good but there is a load of bugs. The spotting and even bigger problem with the weapon balance is something they will have to fix and no doubt have it on their list. I’ve not had the spotting issue but will take a look over the next couple of days. However, falling through the floor, grenades not releasing and blowing me up, shooting someone in a door way but not registering, shooting someone with a tank 5 times who is stood still in front of me, and then they turn around and see me, throw a grenade and kill me and piss load more need to be sorted out.

Aside from my moaning though it is beautiful and it is geared towards squad play in relation to the maps but the game parameters are what we are interested in.

Profile Photo

BF3 alpha seemed promising as well then they added audio spotting for retail.

Play the free beta. Then wait one year to buy so when you buy all the bugs are out and you get to see whether it totally flops within 2 months like battlefield hardline and battlefront. Then when bugs are fixed after a year and the price goes down, purchase it.

Kinda sums up my strategy regarding new ‘Battlefield’ titles. Did roughly the same with BF4 I think.

Well. I’ve played the beta and, it’s…OK ish. It doesn’t fell smooth and tight like BF4 though. Maybe it’s supposed to be to represent the early weapons? Maybe it’s my ageing PC? The sniper is very much favoured. It’s hard to tell which way your enemies are coming as the mini map doesn’t indicate much. But that can be a good thing.
There aren’t really any scopes so your shooting is down the ironsights. Authentic of course but hard to hit enemies far away. I like the horses they feel balanced. Can be deadly but you’re quite exposed. You can’t lob a nade very far so watch that. 85% of people play as sniper in Rush and nobody, yes nobody revives you. The medic feels very exposed. I think they should have gone further with squadplay. The usual crowd just lone wolf. Arseholes still take your carefully positioned tanks and use it as a taxi which your’e shooting.
I’m not feeling the excitement I would normally to buy it though. We’ll see.

Yep, played the beta a bit aswell. As usual the sounds and graphics are top notch and it runs really well even on my kind of old PC.

I really like the guns and vehicles. They all seem unique and are really fun to use. The gameplay feels a bit slowed down from BF4 in my opinion but that might just be the map.

What I don’t like are the changes to the medic class. There is no ticket penalty for respawning and it’s fast. Combine that with that you HAVE to request to be revived else it won’t show on the map. Leads to that the class feels meh and quite useless.

I don’t really like the new conquest mode either. To much focus and rewards for capturing flags makes it so most people just run from flag to flag and doesn’t defend them.

Overall I kind of like it but it has some issues and I need to play a bit more to known if I will buy it or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.