Battlefield 1

Forums Games Upcoming Games and News Battlefield 1

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 196 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: Battlefield 1

Had a 41-10 Scout round on conq as an agressive recon. I agree with most of what you said but I’d like the plain old BF ticket system in place of this new one as it’s much more tactical.

Profile Photo

Looks like first shot is more accurate, second is less (assuming no cooldown). Also, as far as I can recall from marbleduck videos, cooldown time is much longer for smgs in bf1 than they were for even assault rifles in bf4.

Profile Photo

First shot always has 0 spread, spread starts counting from 2nd shot. So, 2nd shot is .22, 3rd is .27 – .32 yada yada

L85A2 for instance is .25 – .34 – .42 and so on.

That multiplier thing seems weird and if it works like i think it does means that first shot in any burst that has spread affect it is .03×5=.15 which means that first shot is actually .34 which is same as L85A2 and then becomes more accurate than it.

In any case, HBAR is needed in BF1

Profile Photo

First shot always has 0 spread

Pretty sure you’re wrong.

Unless I’ve misunderstood, the yellowed out number below is the 1st shot deviation angle (when aiming, not moving).

View post on imgur.com

Then in BF4, add one “spread increase” for each shot without cooldown.

Profile Photo

In that case it’s still more accurate than any of the bullpups, including SAR21 stock variants.

Profile Photo

There is always some bullet deviation, that’s what “ADS – Not moving” and “HIP – Not moving” says. Heavy barrel halves standing ADS spread and reduces moving ADS spread by 15%. Why does it matter in BF1 thread?

Profile Photo

Yeah, as long as they’re balanced against each other, there’s no point in pulling off the extreme feat of also balancing them vs the guns of the last game.

Yeah, the first shot of Sar21 and MP18 is similarly accurate (depending on which model of MP18) but MP18 has a first shot spread multiplier (similar as it was with recoil so far) therefore 2nd shot will be much less accurate as Sar21 and as Dag said spread decreases much much slower. Also it has higher recoil and a higher first shot recoil multiplier. Thats why altogether the MP18 feels far less accurate.

Thinking a bit it i hope there will be a bit more variation in the weapons for each class. I prefer it more when the classes differentiate by their gadgets to fulfil a role but it looks now that the class does also determine the effective engagement range, i.e. if you play Assault you are bound to cqc. In BF4 you could always pick a carbine, DMR or shotgun.

Except from multiple crashes in the beta i think the new Conquest is kind of a dealbreaker.

Here is a good video which explaines the changes and why it’s bad:

MY REVIEW OF BATTLEFIELD 1.

What I like:
*graphics
*sounds (that feeling when you’re in a tank and it gets hit)
*planes are much more satisfying than BF4
*hitting people with shovel

What I dislike:
*new meaningless conquest system
Basically, kills don’t matter and when one team has an advantage from the start there is almost no possibility to make a comeback. And don’t let close scores fool you.
*pickup classes (also horses)
They have so much health they can just go 1v1 against tanks with fists
*inconsistent bullet drop
Some guns have considerable bullet drop and some like bolt-action sniper rifle has nearly none. Really. Sniper rifle now shoots like a railgun.

Technical problems (so they SHOULD be fixed before release):
*interface lag
Pressing escape, 3 seconds wait. Pressing Team Setup, 3 seconds wait. Pressing escape again to go back to the game. You are dead because 3 seconds wait.
*DUSTING, DUSTING AND DUSTING
Dusting on vehicles is everywhere. Trying to shoot down this bomber? No chance.
*Vehicle turrets don’t shoot from the barrel (might be linked to issue below)
For example, rear gunner on the attack plane shoots from little above and left of the actual gun. Hard to tell if it’s graphical bug.
*Vehicle turrets desynchronize from the server
Basically, your crosshair doesn’t show where the turret is actually aiming.
*DirectX induced memory leak causing unrecoverable crash after 2-4 rounds
*many bugs with disappearing vehicles, broken animation, med pack dropping through floor etc. etc. Normal DICE shit.

What DICE needs to do:
*Revert to old ticket bleed system.
*Balance classes for it
*Tanks need nerf
*Vehicles should spawn less frequently (especially planes)
*They need to make RECON class more like a RECON and less like a SNIPER
*Where is my classic gamemode?
*Where are my dedicated servers?

My score: ?/10
The game needs serious work. DICE LA again?
I can consider buying it at a discount. But only if mentioned problems are going to be fixed and we get dedicated servers.

Profile Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY_k1-plJcE
In short the guy talks about a rumor (so take this with a grain of salt) that BF1 won’t have external server providers for BF1 meaning they must be rented directly from EA/Dice and that customization might be limited. I’m Wondering if any MGs that handle the current server rental has heard anything from the current server provider?

Profile Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY_k1-plJcE<br>
In short the guy talks about a rumor (so take this with a grain of salt) that BF1 won’t have external server providers for BF1 meaning they must be rented directly from EA/Dice and that customization might be limited. I’m Wondering if any MGs that handle the current server rental has heard anything from the current server provider?

Last rumours I heard from Remi was roughly “no external providers, rental similar to console, no procon”.

Two issues with server rental and BF1:

I’m not paying for a server where we cant’ at the very least mute the assholes and boot the hackers, and I doubt the sentiment is much different from other donors.
We don’t have enough donations per month to be able to swing a BF1 server as well as a BF4 server. I’m sure some MGs will buy BF1, but it seems like it’ll be far from all. Perhaps we’ll have to start tagging out donations with BF1/BF4, to see what the people who are actually paying for the server want to be paying for.

In a wider sense, it’d be interesting to see who was behind the typical youtube/forum post on this thing.
Some of the comments will say “finally, we won’t have to deal with power hungry asshole admins” and some say “noooooooooo”. If the people behind the former comments are paying for any servers, BF1 might have a healthy pool of servers to choose from. My suspicion is that most the people paying are also lamenting the loss of control of what they’re paying for though.

Profile Photo

If it ends up like these rumors think it will, the only difference between ranked and official servers will be which ones DICE are getting paid for.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.