Battlefield 1

Forums Games Upcoming Games and News Battlefield 1

This topic contains 195 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  Crit 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 196 total)

Reply To: Battlefield 1

I didn’t enjoy the beta, too biased to those who played sniper.

This might actually be the first BF game I have never purchased!

By comparison, I enjoyed the hardline demo enough to buy, I think that says enough.

Add to that server limitations mention above, it’s seeming like a bad proposition.

What a pity! πŸ™

Profile Photo

Juri I liked your post, pretty spot on with your summary ☺

Well I played 2 of my 10 hours of BF1 trial and I have to say its soooo much better than the beta!

Not played enough to have a full impression, but by the end of the 10 hours I’ll know if it is for me.

So far I notice that the battlefield feels tighter and more intense, the maps played so far all feel unique and so so rich in texture detail, the graphical experience is simply jaw dropping on ultra or high. Frame rates continue to equal that of BF4 even with all the extra opulence!

Still can’t decide if I’m gonna buy it or not. I really really like the gameplay and maps but the rent/custom server thing is almost a dealbreaker and combine that with at least for now no classic mode is making it really hard to decide.

The early feedback I’ve seen seems to be very positive overall, just joined the Origin Access to let the 10 hours decide for me. The procon bit still seems like a dealbreaker though, and no classic.

Profile Photo

Tried it out with the EA access thing and I think I’m going to bite, I’m enjoying it too much to not consider buying. Map design is superior than the last entries in my opinion (not all maps are included) and destruction is just in a whole new level after the disappointing BF3 and 4. I quite enjoy the setting a bit more than the modern stuff, graphics and sound design are stunning, as per usual. Also, the new operations mode is pretty interesting. It’s a shame that they are messing up the server side of things for no good reason.

Profile Photo

So I’m in!

Whats the plan? Are we getting a server??

Without procon sadly but we can simply disable 3D Spotting and enable team kills and we are half way there right? Or wrong?

Is money an issue? Can we afford a server for say 3 months or does it need an extra donation??

Remi!

Regards,

Profile Photo

It’s currently both an issue of control and money.

Profile Photo

So the control thing I can’t help you with!
If you work out the control issue, I can help with the money issue! To a point…

Keep me informed πŸ˜‰

Profile Photo

There is no plan, when no one on this planet knows what the fuck DICE are up to.

It’s a shitty situation. So don’t get any hopes up. And wait till 1st November for more information.

Please read the topic about this. I don’t like explaining this any further.

Profile Photo

K πŸ™‚

Profile Photo

I’m tending towards buying it. I really enjoyed the beta and I like the game. By now they balanced things out and the only thing that’s holding me from jumping onto it is that I wanna play with a nice community. So IF a lot of us are plaing it or we’re even getting a server, then count me in.

Profile Photo

I’m tending towards buying it. I really enjoyed the beta and I like the game. By now they balanced things out and the only thing that’s holding me from jumping onto it is that I wanna play with a nice community. So IF a lot of us are plaing it or we’re even getting a server, then count me in.

lold @the bolded bit πŸ˜€ you’re thinking of the bf1 in a year and a half, after much nerfing and rebuffing, but yeah, I would assume it’s much closer anyway.

And yeah, I’m in too, when we have servers that aren’t shit.

Profile Photo

Played around half of my 10 hours so far and have to say i’m quite impressed with what i have seen.

No problems with frame rates (always 100+) or crashes of any sort.

The maps are nice and seem well thought out (apart from the one with 3 flags….bah!). Seem to have been designed with gameplay in mind from the outset and the selection of maps available at the minute all work well.

Weapons all seem very varied as opposed to BF4s where most felt exactly the same with a different skin. I do miss the ‘attachments’ though, didn’t think i would but choice seems a bit limited without these (kinda difficult to do in a WW1 setting i know). The RPG type weapon has had a nice improvement too, having to be prone to use it limits the amount of RPG on infantry spam which can only be a good thing. On the flip side though armour is soooo strong and this makes it even more difficult to take down (2/3 assault are required to be effective).

The ‘special’ vehicles need to be removed though i feel, the armoured train and the dreadnought are just stupid. Still not worked out how it’s decided which team gets them and at what point in the map but when they arrive it’s game over..at least to a point.

64 player games are not overcrowded either, a lot of BF4 maps with 64 players are just too crazy for me but a 48 player BF1 server could be too sparse…..maybe?

As EVERYONE has mentioned the biggest problem by far is ofc the server ‘thing’ πŸ˜€ . However, this will not deter my pre-order and both me and Peanut will be having the game from launch. After playing I disagree with the decision to keep the BF4 server and not migrate to the latest installment of the franchise, yes the limitations are annoying and put a halt to many things that can make a server stand out and be great, but a place for us all the play the game together would have been nice. That being said i respect the decision and if/when we decide as a unit to move forward with a BF1 server both me and Peanut will of course dedicate our game time on it.

See you on some ‘random’ battlefield πŸ˜€

Peace!

How are people already playing it? Thought it wasnt out yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.