Battlefield 1

Forums Games Upcoming Games and News Battlefield 1

This topic contains 195 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  Crit 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 196 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: Battlefield 1

@meneer-de-boer – Orign Access members get 10 hours of playtime available from the 13th October ๐Ÿ™‚

Ahh that explains that.

EDIT: Was responding to Crit, managed to fuck that up ๐Ÿ˜€

+1 on pretty much everything you said, I really love it so far. My only issues is that I’m getting pretty bad performance, CPU is choking hard for me and many others, but my CPU isn’t spectacular so I’m hoping patches and a game day driver will sort it out. For Nvidia users that have performance issues, try disabling shadowplays “Instant replay” (or shadowplay entirely), has worked for some (https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/57d7f3/bf1_is_100_cpu_usage_normal_for_a_6600k/).
Anyhoo, I’ll be buying it day 1 (no preorder though :P) if nothing horrendous gets announced ๐Ÿ™‚

4 hours completed of full MP game tonight.

Knocked over by how awesome it is.

Dice have finally pulled their collective fingers out and delivered a truly awesome experience.

Not sure how I will sleep tonight after the matches I have had.

I hope to be following or have some MG’s follow me in game!

Profile Photo

I’ll add you on Origin when I get home (don’t know if we’re friends already or not). I’m also enjoying it a lot. I think the map lineup is the strongest in a while, above BF3 and 4 imo. The new mode Operations is also pretty awesome, it’s tough to win as an attacker with a squad full of randoms, but the mode is a lot of fun. Also, some little details like how far and easily you can send your med/ammo packs to someone who needs it by just pressing “Q” when looking at them, how capping the flags you get a little curved bar (blue and red) above the letter of the flag representing how many people are there from the enemy team in relation to your team, the crazy ragdolls, the weather effects, the little droplets of water accumulating on your gun, getting mud on your gun as well, the ramped up destruction, etc, just make the game better and more immersive imo. The attention to detail is out of this world. I really hope they up their game in relation to the server side of things, because it’s keeping a lot of people from playing this game and I really think a lot of you would enjoy it if you gave it a chance. For me it’s easily better than BF3 and 4, and the launch seems to be pretty smooth as well, compared to those launches.

This is all very personal, for sure, but I am impressed, which I can’t say I was since BC2.

Profile Photo

Yes sure you can have thing that look pretty and the details are awesome but in reality I would rather have the gameplay itself be awesome and fawless
Going back to 2142 it was pretty much basic in detail but they got the gameplay nearly spot on don’t get me wrong some things weren’t the best but all in all everything was on for gamers. If you know what I mean
x

Profile Photo

Found the ‘ClusterTruck’ map ๐Ÿ˜€

Argonne Forest – aghhhhh!

There is always one. Hopefully this will be one of those maps that is better with fewer player. Might be more fun with 48 instead of 64.

Agree with Overture about the map lineup being strong though, apart from Argonne which is a bit mental they all play well and are good fun.

@mrmanager – what cpu do you have? I have an ageing i7 950 and haven’t noticed any problems.

Found the โ€˜ClusterTruckโ€™ map ?

Argonne Forest โ€“ aghhhhh!

There is always one. Hopefully this will be one of those maps that is better with fewer player. Might be more fun with 48 instead of 64.

Agree with Overture about the map lineup being strong though, apart from Argonne which is a bit mental they all play well and are good fun.

@mrmanager โ€“ what cpu do you have? I have an ageing i7 950 and havenโ€™t noticed any problems.

i5 3570k, performance is generally ok but tons of dips to 60 fps and stuttering on intense parts, but I’m expecting that to be fixed with a patch and new driver from Nvidia. Loads of people are having the same issue with better rigs so I’m not worried.

I also completely sold out and bought the early adopters edition because I couldn’t bare not playing the game. Haven’t been this sold on a BF game since BFBC2, truly unrivaled immersion.

I liked Argonne! Though I think less than 64p would be preferable ๐Ÿ˜€
Worst is Fao Fortress (or something like that) for me, but even then it’s not terrible just bland. Very strong maps!

Im running 1080P, with i7 920 OC @ 3.8ghz (now 7 years old), 12gb ram (I hear having 8gb is not really good enough) and a GTX 970, this lets me play at around 80fps, no drops below 60fps at any point, all on Ultra other than Mesh and post processing which I lowered to High, FXAA AA only.

My experience in MP so far is one of awe, I wasn’t sure after the beta at all, but with the full game and getting used of the weapon handling I have to say it’s feeling like the best thing Dice has done since BF2.

The reviews are practically universally excellent and I think I’m even going to play the single player mode because all of them say its great – shocker!

Profile Photo

As the server rental program does not go live until November and still no idea when rental servers will be a viable choice i recommend we ‘pick’ a server to play on as a community. At the moment those of us that are playing just jump onto any random server that has spaces. May i suggest we favourite a particular server and all play on there, yes there might be a queue and we have ZERO control over it but at least we would all be playing on the same server and have some chance of playing with each other (or against) :).

The server i propose is :-

-[DICE]- Official – Conquest – Europe – # 20236

Chose this one for no other reason than it was in my history :).

Already put this one in my favourites and will play there from now on……

Peace!

Profile Photo

Is it just me or does this seem a lot like SWB where, while you didnt have a decision regarding the server, all of them are again very much like a “matchmaking” system where rules are same wherever you go?

BF1 squad up!?

Tomorrow on launch day the 21th I’ll be squading up with some old friends and I would love to get some MG’s in the squad as well.
I’ll be playing on my main account. So please feel free to add me on origin. My name: ” NomNomNomNomN0m ”

Profile Photo

If anyone is looking for a solid teammate to play with, hit me up on Origin or Steam (Lauri455 or lauri2047 respectively).

Profile Photo

Just had some great rounds with Monkeybreadman and what I suppose is a buddy of his. Operations is a crazy mode, it can get a little spammy but it’s a very welcome addition to the franchise imo. Lot of fun.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.