Battlefield 4 Server

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Remi 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Profile Photo

Battlefield 4 Server

Profile Photo

Reply To: Battlefield 4 Server

What’s up with the server at this time? Many crashes today and some few days ago.

Profile Photo

The usual i suspect, ddos

@remi what would it cost to get a 60tick 64player server? I would happily pay a bit every month. I guess if we are a couple of guys splitting the cost it wouldn’t be that bad?

Profile Photo

We had 64 player server first 2-3 months and nobody seemed to like that (we had poll and discussion back then about it). So 48slots it will be, just like our old precious 2142 server.

Donations are plenty right now, and we still welcome more, especially if we plan to get 60hz server.

I’ve talked to aalio and we might look at a g-portal server tomorrow. Our server right now needs payment in 6 days, so good timing.

Also talked with another server owner at g-portal and reports that they will get up to 144hz servers at some points. Also almost all top100 german servers at gametracker, seems to come from g-portal, so the ddos-protection seems to work.

If we switch servers we might lose all favorites on Battlelog, which is bad though.

I don’t think it would be that bad, if you would let players know it ahead for 2-3 weeks or so. Just a thought.

I think 48 player is the sweet spot in player numbers, 64 player server is far to hectic, especially with 800 ticket games.

We’ve had loads of games recently where the scores have been yoyo’ing all game and comes down to very close ticket scores. It really makes the squadplay all worthwhile.

The 48 players are perfect.
We maybe have to write it in the welcome message, that we are planning to change the server provider (as Vidocq wrote).
If there are regular players online in game admins can yell it at the beggining of a round too.

64 players is a bad thing. If you have big massive vehicle maps it’s not so bad but if you are an infantry/Squad/teamplay server then it is poor. If anyone has played lockers on a 64 will know how bad it is. You stand there for 5 minutes whilst nades and M320’s are sprayed about and the round is over.

48 players is in the goldilocks zone.

Profile Photo

64 players is a bad thing. If you have big massive vehicle maps it’s not so bad but if you are an infantry/Squad/teamplay server then it is poor. If anyone has played lockers on a 64 will know how bad it is. You stand there for 5 minutes whilst nades and M320’s are sprayed about and the round is over.

48 players is in the goldilocks zone.

48p Karelia is pretty desolate. Oman is also pushing it with 48p in my opinion, but otherwise 48 is indeed the sweet spot.

Profile Photo

Remi, maybe pay the server for 1 month more and make a second server with the new provider? if u want i will pay some of it, so everybody got some time to get on our new server.

Profile Photo

I’d pitch in for a dual server solution for a month of overlap too, so we could get some of our bookmarkers over.
Anyone got a price per month for a 48p 60Hz server?

Profile Photo

No options between 30Hz and 144Hz? Pity. I’m still in for giving it a shot for a month though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.