Battlefield V

Forums Games Upcoming Games and News Battlefield V

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  DestroyThemAll (John) 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

Reply To: Battlefield V

I am a bit more optimistic than Crit, but he is 100% true.
I kinda like the game. For me it is better than BF1, but not as enjoyable like BF4.
Ps.: I really need some driving lessons.

Profile Photo

well, I like it because of the critics Crit is writing about 😉 . No 3d spotting, no spotting on mini map, only by snipers. that makes it more classical.
(btw you can put markers your squad mates can see by pressing Q).
But it takes a while to get used to it, you have to play in another way as you play in bf4/1.
also no op-weapons atm, and I dont need that much customisation.
on the other hand, yes, no rsp, no team-balancing. If you play alone it’s hard to find a squad that is playing together, still smth I dont understand why people dont care for objectives and orders … 🙁

all in all, for me it’s smth between bf4 and bf1, and to be honest, I can’t see bf4 anymore, so perhaps I’m gonna buy bf5. Its 46€ when you buy it as a key…

It isn’t bad. I’d prefer a 5th SM instead of the 4 but it’s more BF4 with it’s pace than the slow burner of BF1.

They’ve sorted out the spotting but snipers are overpowered as usual. However, the smoke is well balanced for this and covers a large area and it’s dense. So capturing a flag can be quite tactically rewarding.

The biggest plus point is the weapons. They are no longer the critical component, it leaves that to the player. The weapons are quite even (except for the medics which feel underpowered) and have little subtleties rather than making a massive difference to the game. This is more like BF2142. I think I used the main standard guns for most of my time on 2142 and with BF5 so far that’s what I’ve done.

The team balance is woeful and you’re right there are few good squad players out there plus there are no good servers with good admins (just like BF1) but then again I’m judging them by our standards which, lets face it, is pretty, fricken amazing!

Graphically, it’s similar to BF1 which is not a bad thing as it looks beautiful but if you are thinking of getting as 2080 or 2080 ti then don’t if it is for the RTX tracing. It is a massive resource whore that only really works effectively on two maps and on these maps the FPS drops far too much (as low as 10FPS with an explosion) in the high reflective areas. This is also on the low RTX settings!

No doubt they will improve performance over the next few months but right now it simply doesn’t work for these cards. However, turn this off and turn everything up to ultra and 170 to 200 resolution and this game looks brilliant with the 2080 just eating it up. The 1080 ti though which you can get on ebay for £400 is just as good if you’re not looking for the RT and will do the same job.

It’s not a bad start for this game and probably better than BF4 at this stage of the game. Hopefully, we’ll get enough decent servers to make it more enjoyable than BF1. I’m not boasting but I was probably 1st or second most rounds I used to play on BF1 just because I resupplied or healed and attacked the flags. The rest were just headless chickens playing lone wolf.

Profile Photo

I played the game yesteray with Remi, Joe and Fett. There are some things I like but gameplay seemed like more of the same old same old run around in circle team death match experience with derp spawning on anyone in your squad.

Profile Photo

yeah well but…isn’t that what battlefield is about?
You can rund and gun, or you can go a bit deeper an try some “tacicts” to confuse the enemy, but it’s not a squad-like game.
Join the DEFR-bf4 server and you will experience exactly the same!

Profile Photo

Today? Yes, but not back when this community had servers. These games are poison to the playerbase, it makes you and other players “stupid”.

I’ve played it for some hours now, and it feels not much different that BF1, because, yes, it is run and gun. It’s gets boring, and trying to play this alone would be the same as smashing your head into a wall 😛

Profile Photo

Yes, unfortuntately that’s what the series has been turned in to. Back in 2142 you definitely had a way to play teh game tactically and it would actually win you game and be rewarding. Now the series is just poop tbh. Even BF4 would be kinda shit had they not added classic mode.

yeah well but…isn’t that what battlefield is about?
You can rund and gun, or you can go a bit deeper an try some “tacicts” to confuse the enemy, but it’s not a squad-like game.
Join the DEFR-bf4 server and you will experience exactly the same!

Profile Photo

from this point of view you guys are sadly right. And the main reason this has happened is the removal of the rsp … 🙁

Hmm…I agree and disagree with all the points. Sometimes it’s good to put a message up asking for players to join you who want a bit of squad play. Sometimes its good to stick to a flag and defend. With a couple of MG squad attacking and defending three flags to take the round would be fun. The maps tend to be huge and too much to focus on going from flag to flag. However, travelling in BF5 (running like Bolt) is quicker than BF1 (Running like an ewok) but it does also miss choppers for these large maps which, they’ve made them big for the vehicles and planes. Choppers in BF4 can get you from one end to the other in under 2 mins.

Playing LOD you focus on a couple of flags. It’s better to play this game a bit like that rather than going all over the map. However, try finding players that just want to do that…..impossible!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.