Counterstrike Global Offensive

Forums Games Valve Games Counterstrike Global Offensive

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Dag 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Profile Photo

Counterstrike Global Offensive

Instead of making a “How to” play countersrike post here on the forum, me and Taom was talking about renting a server to do some basic CS:GO Practice like once a week or something.
What do you guys think about this ?

It will contain stuff like
Game awareness
Movement
Holding sites
Retakeing sites
Rotations
etc. etc.

Feel free to add stuff in this post, if you got some ideas!

Profile Photo

Reply To: Counterstrike Global Offensive

how much is a server?

Profile Photo

Depends on where u rent it, but arround 0.6 euros/slot, for start we need 10 slots

So it really depends on what you wanna do. Server is usually only needed for playing matches in Leagues that do not provide a server, where you and your opponents manager setup a rendezvouz between your teams. Virtually all training can be done on a personal listenserver level.
A server will be useful if we join a league like that.
The OTHER way a server is useful is for running custom maps and modes: maps you cannot play publicly because they are custom and while good, noone tries them out. Problem here is half the people dunno how to connect to that although the server browser is accessible via main menu.

You wanna enter a league or run custom matches? rent a server if the league demands it.

You dont wanna do these things? server makes no sense.

Profile Photo

i agree.. but…. server is sheap af tho… and how many of us have the internet/computer to host 5v5 games with no lags, even tho its just practice.

edit* and its not permanent, just for a while so “original” players can learn stuff

Profile Photo

If you move on to any sort of competitive play i would love to be a part of that. Played CS for many years (Pre 1.6) and played CS/CSS competitively for many years as well WP/BY/ED leagues etc…..

Casual play does not hold the interest for me that it used too but any sort of competitive edge and i would jump at the opportunity to grab my AWP.

Peace!

atm this aint a battlefield community, this is a counter strike community. So bring ur awp crit, we are playing cs go comp matches every day.
Whippin scrubs into shape.

Profile Photo

yes! come join us! i’m up for playing facit or esl aswell when the time comes

sure we can go and give it a try but we should play “competitive games” together before jumping in big pool… join us crit.

oh btw @mievec, learned today how easy it is to host csgo game…

What do you all think about esl csgo ladder games??? https://play.eslgaming.com/ladder-faq
played bf:bc2 in there.

Profile Photo

Sounds good.

Have not played any meaningful CS for over 5 years though so will have some solo “noob” time first to get my eye back in. My B>8>2 at round start will be a little rusty (if indeed it still is that for a vest and a helmet)

Will get England’s world cup victory* out the way first and will install it next week.

*Purely based on patriotic wishful thinking

Profile Photo

sounds great, soon we will have two squads playing simultaniously!

Profile Photo

sounds good!

I have my server atm offline so i can’t host a server till i move in to my new house.

Profile Photo

Sounds good.
Have not played any meaningful CS for over 5 years though so will have some solo “noob” time first to get my eye back in. My B>8>2 at round start will be a little rusty (if indeed it still is that for a vest and a helmet)
Will get England’s world cup victory* out the way first and will install it next week.
*Purely based on patriotic wishful thinking

Good news is you get to csgo sooner than you’d assumed, I guess?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.