Decline in gameplay quality on server

Forums Games Battlefield 4 Decline in gameplay quality on server

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
Profile Photo

Decline in gameplay quality on server

Hey guys, important stuff coming through.
Yesterday our long time regular, FluphyBunny, noticed the decline in gameplay quality on the server, and I noticed that too (chat logger was for some reason turned off during that round and for two last day, I wish I could directly quote him).
That is:
– Hardly any MG cares about balancing the teams
– Team switchers
– Toxic (I hate that buzzword) behaviour of blueberries
– Less emphasis on teamplay

Anti-team switching plugin seems to be broken, the only time I saw it working was when I fmoved a guy and he tried switching back.

The server is slowly becoming usual shitty pub, and we should fight this. Any ideas? Any future goals?

PS. I’m not even mad
PS2. Looking for adventuring guild, Aldmeri Dominion DPS Breton Templar

Reply To: Decline in gameplay quality on server

*sigh* Ok I will try to play more 😛

Profile Photo

I m not playing bfor a lot but so far what can I say is :
I agree team play is decreasing. For dudes like me who appreciate giving very specific orders, squad leading is a real pain in the ass. Because of that a lot don’t dare to lead or don’t want it anymore.

Maybe admins must be much more strict on rules and instant kick kids from servers or lone Wolf from squads.

I also think that huge vehicles maps are not made for infantry squadplay

Profile Photo

Noticed the same thing.
There’s usual gravitation effect, then squadding up to the full squads.
Its part lazyness, part of not wanting to play with the cannonfodder who are
playing like/worst than bots in bf2/2142. Sometimes i spend whole round
switching squads and cannot find anyone who is commmunicating at any level.
(mostly daytime).
I think part of the problem is people have played this so much
already, and are bored. Also many regular groups are using other voice-systems than in-game voip.

Also there is decline in comms, spotting behaviour and squad discipline, not
only in our ranks but also with also regulars.

Used to be norm while a go, keep chit-chat off, when seeing something
spot and sharp precise info what and where before start shooting.
Its not so relaxed/casual but makes huge impact in squad efficiency.

Also people are insisting playing as engi’s and recons while fightning against infantry.
squad leader should be decide that based on what kind opposition there is. Ofc there are
people who prefer vehicle- and anti-vehicle squads, but they shouldn’t try to push their agenda.
(I know i’m extremely partial with this in favor of medic-squads).

1 day i witness round in zavod where there was 1 revive in opposite team.

Its up to each member fill up evenly and try to keep open slots for non-members.
if squad is full of members and someone is alone its best that that two leaves,
when someone is asking to make a room in squad leave the squad and join with
that person, and keep kicking those who fail to respond, eventually always
someone interested in squadplay will join.

“Aldmeri Dominion DPS Breton Templar” is this Elder scrolls online? and is it any good?

Profile Photo

Well.. the game has been heavily discounted for a while now, so it should be expected the quality goes down somewhat. People are still finding their bearings when it comes to basic game mechanics, against players who’ve played the game for 2+ years (?). They’ve also perhaps had some hours on other clusterfucky servers which defined the norm for them.
They can be taught how to play, if they’re interested, but you can’t teach a group of four of them alone.

As for balance, I disagree somewhat. Also the last time balance was discussed in the chat, I believe fluffy complained that MGs would switch to losing teams, so you can’t win either way.

Oh, wanted to add, aside from benzen and tiger (MA), it’s a pain in the ass to get even other MGs to lead. If you are bothered by the level of squad play but you can’t be bothered to try to fix it by leading yourself.. well.
Personally my interest in leading is somewhere between mild irritation and heavy disinterest, but I still end up leading more than half my games.

Well.. the game has been heavily discounted for a while now, so it should be expected the quality goes down somewhat.

Same thing happened during christmas sale last year, every sale is the same deal.

We discussed balance before and it will always be a problem. Do it to little or not at all it may stay imbalanced, do it to much it is simply not fun – specially during daytime where you need to find a teamplay squad again.

Dag is probably right about the price thing. About the decline in MG teamplay i can not judge, but i may be a bit guilty of it myself – trying new things and playing recently as an aggressive recon. On the other hand i stick to squad and switch class if asked to or i see it necessary.

@Dag: I like leading but i do it so often that sometimes i feel tired of it (even more so if i had already a few rounds with randoms where leading felt a bit useless), so this is why i am reluctant from time to time to take the lead. But insist enough and i will take it. 😀

Profile Photo

Discuss, discuss, we might fight the summer kiddos or fall to them.

“Aldmeri Dominion DPS Breton Templar” is this Elder scrolls online? and is it any good?

It’s like BF4, after release it was shit, but after 11 or so content and gameplay updates it’s really nice and fun. And Aldmeri Dominion plot is awesome.

Profile Photo

@Dag: I like leading but i do it so often that sometimes i feel tired of it (even more so if i had already a few rounds with randoms where leading felt a bit useless), so this is why i am reluctant from time to time to take the lead. But insist enough and i will take it.

Yeah, trying to herd cats can wear you out fast. We’ve alt felt that. I’m just saying as a public service announcement that these noobs aren’t going to de-noob on their own though. Not aimed at anyone special, just a general “truth” I thought I’d put out there.

I just wana play with friends.

Also the auto switch when you join on mate that is on other team. Fucking confuses me sometimes.

I was happy, killing Benzen, then suddenly I’m in his squad on the other team, I was like “wtf m8?”

Will put effort into the aforementioned issues.

Sorry Kuzzy

I’m just saying as a public service announcement that these noobs aren’t going to de-noob on their own though. Not aimed at anyone special, just a general “truth” I thought I’d put out there.

Some are really good in motivating randoms for squadplay and i deeply admire that. I am not very good at that but the moments when it does are pure gold.

I have been playing quite a lot lately. Almost every round I play as the squad leader (@schnooody you are right, usually no one else wants to lead). Here are a couple of observations:

• half of the rounds have been great, the other half either totally unbalanced (with more 500 tickets left) or I did not find any squad that was playing together.
  • Some of these random players that are seemingly just walking around killing people (as in call of duty) and not caring about objectives at all, they start playing the objective (in my squad at least) when I start giving lots of precise orders and talk all the time (what I usually do).
  • I usually kick players from the squad that do not follow the objective at all (even after reminding them) to make room for more teamplay-oriented players. Which leads to one squad that plays well together, but the rest of the team doing… well nothing at all really.
  • I agree with @aalio that when there is a full MG squad, usually that means the rest of the team is not doing anything (helpful). It is a much better idea to split up between the teams and different squads to have a more balanced and challenging gameplay. In my opinion that must happen at the start of the game and not in the middle of the match.
  • I hope these issues can be resolved soon! I love it when the teamplay just works 😀

I don’t know what to say…

I mean about the balance issue it’s so damn hard to do anything about. I mean yes, if you see all MG’s stacked on one side ask some of them to join you for better balance. Usually it doesn’t even matter because the hole team is too terrible at the game to cap flags. You can fight as much as you want but you’re not going to win the match 5 vs 24.

About squad leading I would love if more people would lead just once in a while. Makes the game more fun to not be leading all the damn time. It’s also a good way to mix it up. I have enjoyed Sams leading because he’s so goofy. I myself often get way too serius so it’s a good change of mood xD
    And yes squad leading can be a pain and yes we all fuck up a lot but plz stick to the SL either way. But feel free to give input to the SL aswell. BTW I often like to cap a flag and then stay there for about 30sec before moving again. Some players doesn’t have the patience and run off which ofc is not so great 😛 Look at the minimap often and see were your squad mates are and position yourself according to that. (I look at the minimap every 5 sec or something like that. It really does help)

As @tigerfliege says: Splitting up the MG’s in smaller squad could improve the situation. Might be more challenging but then again the game is the most fun when balanced.

Profile Photo

Actually, depending on map, one squad can make the difference. For example on Zavod one squad can easily hold two flags. The rest of a team can do their pathetic stuff everywhere else being nuisance or cannon fodder for enemies.

Profile Photo

Indeed, if in a squad of random wandering people, on a ground level all we can do is just try telling them what to do or kick out from squad and not much more. What I’m saying is: it’s really hard to make people even remotely obey orders or lead if they don’t really care that much.
    And then there is the balance.. So now you actually get Honoru-points if you do !assist, excellent, but if one team is losing with all flags* in early-game, a game of 800 tickets is way too short to be able to fix anything, imho; and one would also probably hope to find a decent squad on the other team as well. 😀

*A team with no flags or only one, would be the team you would feel bad for, am I right?

It would be great if there was a way to attract more voip players to start with. I don’t know much about Battlefield plugins but if there was something to ensure or help squadplay, that could be worth it.

PS. Plz make the sniper plugin gud, kek

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.