Decline in gameplay quality on server

Forums Games Battlefield 4 Decline in gameplay quality on server

This topic contains 38 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Antoine 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: Decline in gameplay quality on server

FYI, if I’m ever squadded up with an SL who doesn’t want to lead, feel free to either ask me or just force the lead on me with the !lead command. I dont tend to ask to lead, but I’m always happy to do it. If its put onto me, I roll with it – Dag can attest to that ๐Ÿ™‚

I think spreading the MG’s is probably the best way of going about things. Great as it is to play in a full MG squad, it leaves leadership a little thin on the ground in the rest of the team. Sticking with 2 or 3 MGs and two or 3 randoms in a squad should give you a finer balance and increase the chance of more than one squad working together.

Profile Photo

I pretty much ask my squad at the start of every round ๐Ÿ˜€
Anyway, thanks for the night off, it was nice to just kill stuff and run at the blinking green things for most of the night ๐Ÿ™‚

Profile Photo

Whaaat? pffluphiee complaining? Nah! He just wants to play with beer or me ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hmm..

I agree with all that has been said. But I think it will be hard to change.
What you are doing internally to help, I will not argue with. It all seems quite logic.
I dunno.. I just thought Id share my thoughts on the matter in general.

If it isnt obvious yet, Im still a huge fan of BF2 & BF2142..
My impression of BF4 is that, the game itself works best when doing tactical teamplay, but it has been designed so that, as an individual, you dont have to do that to have fun. And it isnt obvious that other players that are playing tactical, are having more fun, or at least get a more fulfilling experience.

So.. The game itself doesnt encourage teamplay from the casual player.. One of the reasons, I think, is that the current commander function is very limited in strategy and tactical options (just poor in general). It is more a spam UAV function, rather than a Command function.
Im getting a bit sidetracked..
But What Im trying to say is that, the BF community itself is in a bad spot when it comes to player interaction/co-operation..
Mostly because of DICE making Battlefield into Call of Battlefield.

As stated in my “Hello” post, you guys sparked my interest in the game again.. I long for the 2142 Commander gameplay, but if squad-leader is all I can do in BF4, so be it.. I am just gonna observe your tactics for a few days. And learn to know premium maps.. ^^

What you need, is to attract people like me that miss the tactical options available in early BF games.. I know there are plenty. They are just spread out and disgruntled at EA for ruining the franchise.

Best of luck

Profile Photo

Maybe spreading the info about the server and the idea of it on reddit?
Plenty of people there crying about lack of teamplay right now.

Profile Photo

Part of the problem might be the popularity of the server. Its usually full during 90% of the day and most times theres just a couple regulars / mgs on it. And I have to admit, in some cases when theres a full load of 40 something players I have never heard of, who are around lvl 4 and definitly not playing the objective Iยดm always very happy to land in a nice squad with at least one or two mgs. Maybe thats lazyness… Iยดll try more

Profile Photo

Maybe spreading the info about the server and the idea of it on reddit?<br>
Plenty of people there crying about lack of teamplay right now.

To replace blueberries with actual thinking people is pretty good idea. We need to gather upvotes if anyone creates the thread on reddit.

Profile Photo

Also, I’m sure you guys have valid reasons as to why you’ve closed the recruitment atm but IMO allowing people to join platoons like DEFR/MG/S7 that are based around teamplay/squadplay would to a world of good to get new players into the whole thing, even if they’re not using mics and such.
Roobard and I were leading a squad a week ago and a random blueberry that was lonewolfing beforehand added both of us after the match telling us how he loved the squadplay that we were doing and he’d like to join us more often.
All in all, showcasing how squadplay can get you a win and a positive KDR is probably the best way to get people hooked on it.

Profile Photo

I don’t see how that ties into recruitment though? I still play with shittons of noobs, some of which stick to the server, some of which apply to the platoon. Your experience proves you can tease randoms into squad playing without having them swear allegiance to your clan forever, so it’s an odd story to tell when suggesting we should open up recruitment again.

Recruitment will likely open when all the current applications are done, and the new members, if there are any, have had a little bit of time to settle in.

They should implement extra bullet dmg when following SL orders as a perk :O That would get people to work together oioi.

Profile Photo

Something like in M&B Warband: Napoleonic Wars, where being close to officer gives better accuracy :v

Profile Photo

What I’m trying to say is that telling platoonless scrubs to apply into your platoon if they want to squadplay/teamplay might make those who are a bit interested in it see that it’s the best way to play the game instead scrubbing it out with other lonewolves.

Profile Photo

I still don’t follow the logic. If they’re interested in teamplay, they can type !teamplay, or ask for it in chat. Not being in a platoon doesn’t keep anyone from playing as a squad.

This discusion has no point imo ๐Ÿ™‚ All we can do is kick newbie and pray someone will join, someone good of course. AND this is what I am doing all the time, I am killing friendly snipers and base mortar guys twice and try to anoying them, they killing me 5 times and what? TADDAM !!!! Not the best way, but working good ๐Ÿ™‚

In-game there is little you can do..
But as an EVE Online player, I can tell you that the meta game is much, much more effective at combating this problem.
Suggestions:
1: Go on the offensive on Reddit and other media to “recruit” players to the server (not MG itself).
2: Make a list of platoons that are teamplay focused and feature them in the chat as approved Teamplay platoons.

It will be a lot of work, but you might be able to create a community of teamplay focused platoons and clans, where you are one of the foundation pillars.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.