Discord : VOIP Application for IOS,Android and PC

Forums Important Stuff and Information News & Server Information Discord : VOIP Application for IOS,Android and PC

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Linc 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Profile Photo

Discord : VOIP Application for IOS,Android and PC

Hey guys few days back when i was going through the internet i found a really good VOIP call and chat application. i will give a small background of this App.
So this app is developed by a guy named Jason( CEO Now ) he and some of his other gamer friends faced some issues with other voip apps at that time Like Team Speak and other. So they decided to make An app themselfs so they came up with this app called DISCORD.

QUESTION & ANSWER

Why discord ?

the biggest reason or advantage of using Discord is that everything is free on it. You can have unlimited no. of server on various server locations . It is very easy to use and has a really cool User Interface.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
why not other VOIP Apps ?

As i said that it is very easy to use and there is no paid transactions on it . You can also join the VOIP even with You phone and the size of the app is 10mb on smartphones and 45mb on the pc .
the reason why im posting this Topic on the forums is because i saw a Straw-poll for the Team speak and mumble Voip Apps on the forums. any admin can just have a look to it 🙂
DETAILS
Here are some Links

Link TO THE OFFICIAL PAGE : https://discordapp.com/
CEO’S E-MAIL : jasonc@discordapp.com

Thank YOU
Damon2242

Profile Photo

Reply To: Discord : VOIP Application for IOS,Android and PC

Allready mentioned here on the forums few times.

https://www.monkey-gamers.com/forums/search/discord/

I have IRC and ingame VOIP and randomly ts/mumble and not keen on anything beside them.

Profile Photo

Reply To: Discord : VOIP Application for IOS,Android and PC

To use the app you have to register on discord website afaik. Otherwise you have to use web browser which isn’t that efficient event if it works properly.

Fyi, I use discord chat to find tf2 scrims and it isn’t bad. Haven’t tried to the VoIP yet but I do wonder how the company is going to make any profit if not from selling your user data to advertisers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.