I need to write this, so people understand what balance is or how they should balance the server. And also so I won’t need to go to anger management class. These are not rules in a a way that you have to behave accordingly 24/7, there is always exceptions. It is more to display what kind of behavior is needed to create a relaxed and good atmosphere on the server.
TLDR: Join server from favorites, stay on the team you join. If you want to balance, switch yourself and ask a friend to join you. Balancing is not needed most of the time. Bad teams happened and usually the next round will be better.
– When joining the server, do not switch sides to play with friends/MGs if there is MG/regulars on the same side as you. Just join and stay on the team you get assigned too.
– When joining the server it is allowed to switch to the losing team. Switching to the winning team is a no-no. Don’t do this if it makes player-numbers uneven
– Balancing should only happen when the other team is having a big ticket lead and player numbers are not even.
– Do not balance the server at the beginning of the round, there is always people in queue/joining the server, so let the autobalancer work. Let the game/round playout for the first 5-10 minutes (300-400 tickets).
– Do not balance the server when the round is ending (100-200 tickets left), just get the round over with and move on to the next.
– Do not switch full squads over to balance the server.
– Do not ask if you should switch. If you want to balance, then try and switch yourself, if you can’t, ask a admin to !fmove you.
– When server is full and active, the balancing should only happen if one team is repeatedly beating the other with +500 tickets.
– It is allowed to play with someone you want to play with. But don’t do it in a way, where you switch to the winning team or you leave some other MGs/regulars alone. Switch if they are losing or tell them to switch to your losing team.
– Early hours: In the morning when seeding you are allowed to constantly balance the teams. Always help the loser, since keeping the server active or the round running for as long as possible is important.
– Early/late hours: With very few MGs and regulars around it is OK to switch to the other team to play with them, but do it in a way where you won’t unbalance the server or make player numbers uneven. If numbers get uneven, then ask admin to !fmove you and switch you with a new/unspawned player (so teams are even).
– Early/late hours: Moving full squads is OK at this point for the same reasons listed before. Only to the loosing team.
Why we follow these rules:
– Respect each other and play with each other.
– Server health – keeping the server active is important for us all.
Basically we need to relax a lot more when playing and just let the game flow. This also means that since we are many players, we have a lot of opportunities to do some good things and bad things. I noticed that my old topic and posts from a previous talk about balance started something that I both liked and disliked. There was way more attention to balancing, which is nice. But it just became way too much. The whole aspect of gaming is just to relax and have fun, this also means we cannot maintain balance 24/7, it is a impossible job. So what I basically started was a mission impossible and a pretty stupid one aswell.
So what all these rules or whatever means is – join the server, play and have fun.
PS: If you absolutely love playing with someone, then join on them in Battlelog, it will put you on the same team. But what is preferred for everyone is that you just join the server from your favorites.