MG server discussion and ULTIMATE map rotation – error 404

Forums Games Battlefield 4 MG server discussion and ULTIMATE map rotation – error 404

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
Profile Photo

MG server discussion and ULTIMATE map rotation – error 404

Do not come with personal request about a specific map or mode. It’s CQ large only. Create a constructive suggestion with a full map rotation, or something like that. Create a map rotation from the two polls.

Best vanilla maps? Pick four!

DLC map rotation… poll?

Lockers
Dawnbreaker
Golmud
Pearl
Lumphini
Propoganda
Peaks/Silk Road (who voted for Silk?!)
Mortar
Gianta of K. (or other Final stand map)
Oman/Firestorm

Rules about map rotation:
– To run a DLC server, you need to run all DLCs, we can exclude zavod night, as it seems not to affect activity.
– DV and Outbreak have to be in it aswell.
– First 3 maps have to be: vanilla, vanilla, outbreak
– map rotation has to be filled with 4-5 vanilla maps and 6-8 DLC maps. WHYYYY? Because each map takes around 30 minutes. X 12-14 = 6-8 hours of gameplay. Rotation starts 17:00 (or 16:00) so rotation fits exactly in that span of time.
– Diversity! One vehicle then one infantry, etc. etc.

My quick suggestion (some errors):
Lockers
Dawnbreaker
Outbreak
Caspian
Lumphini
DV
Zavod
SHITTY FINAL STAND MAP
Pearl
Mortar
Shanghai
Propoganda
Oman/Firestorm
Peaks
Golmud

Relevant links if you like map science:
https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/3vxmu5/map_imbalance_statistic_based_on_20k_battlereports/
Old map poll: http://poll.pollcode.com/45648349_result?v

NO ****!”#*!”#!#* VOTEMAP! BECAUSE IT KILLS UMM PLUGIN AND EVERYTHING!

Profile Photo

Reply To: MG server discussion and ULTIMATE map rotation – error 404

SOS
Golmud
Outbreak
Pearl Market
Hanian
Propaganda
Peaks
Lockers
DV
Zavod
Firestorm
Lumphini
Dawnbreaker
Caspian

My list

x

Profile Photo

Maps I`d personally like to see in the rotation:

Vanilla: Dragon Valley 2015, Hainan Resort, Operation Locker, Op. Outbreak, Siege of Shanghai, Zavod 311,
China Rising: Guilin Peaks,
Second Salt: Caspian Border 2014, Op. Firestorm 2014,
Naval Strike: Operation Mortar, Wave Breaker,
Dragon’s Teeth: Lumphini Garden, Pearl Market,
Final Stand: Op. Whiteout, Hammerhead,

Having Conquest Large in mind, maps that need 64p to actually work:
Vanilla: Dragon Valley 2015,
China Rising: Altai Range, Silk Road,
Second Assault: Gulf of Oman 2014,
Final Stand: Giants of Karelia, Hammerhead, Hangar 21, Op. Whiteout,

Now, since we need variety, we need to categorize which maps favor what type of gameplay. Here’s what I think:
Infantry:
Vanilla: Dawnbreaker, Flood Zone, Hainan Resort, Operation Locker, Op. Outbreak, Paracel Storm, Siege of Shanghai, Zavod 311, Zavod Night,
China Rising: Dragon Pass, Guilin Peaks,
Second Salt: Caspian Border, Operation Metro,
Naval Strike: Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Operation Mortar,
Dragon’s Deeth: Lumphini Garden, Pearl Market, Propaganda, Sunken Dragon,
Final Stand: Hangar 21, Op. Whiteout,

Vehicles:
Vanilla: Dragon Valley 2015, Golmud Railway, Lancang Dam, Rouge Transmission,
China Rising: Altai Range, Silk Road,
Second Salt: Gulf of Oman, Op. Firestorm
Naval Strike: Wave Breaker,
Final Stand: Giants of Karelia, Hammerhead

Here I’d like to point out that if a map has more than one tank and helos, it doesn’t make it a vehicle map. I take it this way: take away vehicles from map X, how doed it affect the overall gameplay? Not much/not at all? Inf Map. Map becomes boring and we all run around capping flags without any fights? Vehicle map.

Based on what I presented, here’s my proposed rotation:
Op. Locker [CQL] -> Siege of Shanghai [CQL] -> Op. Outbreak [CQL] -> Hammerhead [CQS] -> Pearl Market [CQL] -> Dragon Valley [CQS] -> Op. Mortar [CQL] -> Caspian Border [CQL] -> Hainan Resort [CQL] -> Op. Whiteout [CQS] -> Wavebreaker [CQL] -> Lumphini Garden [CQL] -> Op. Firestorm [CQL]

Profile Photo

This might be a stupid question but have you ever thought about a !votemap? 🙂

Profile Photo

Nice write-up Lauri. Think I will try with something like that with Hammerhead as one of the first maps, because then we don’t have to worry about all of sudden playing some huge ass map late night, emptying the server.

To Casper -> check last line in 1st post (just edited, it should have been there for the 6-7 other times it’s been asked, heheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehe*ER*E*RE*R*WER*W*RE*WR*W*RE*WER*W*RW*R*EW*R ERROR 404 040404040404044040404044444444444444444444444444444404040 040 04040 4034 00234 024 204 03204 0240 20 03)

Profile Photo

Rouge Transmission

*snicker*

Profile Photo

Switched around Zavod and Golmud for seeding. So 2nd map is always Zavod, should hopefully make it more pleasant for morning players, and server will hopefully be full before it reaches Golmud. Seeding on Golmud is very good too, but very high chance of unbalanced game, because of so many flags.

Profile Photo

Fixed something when DLC rotation starts, so hopefully it won’t get empty like last few days. But maybe another issue will show up, where you will play same vanilla map repeatedly. Just report if it happens.

Also server been plagued by very unbalanced games, but I think it is just bad period, not sure how to fix it. Disable scrambler? 😛

Profile Photo

Same 2 vanilla maps happened yesterday. I think the server went past a UMM threshold, had the cycle change, then the teams got stacked for a terrible game, server drained a bit again, rinse and repeat. So we had some hours where it kept going up and down, and the cycle would restart.

Could be it was mainly an issue of it being the launch of the division beta?

Profile Photo

Yeah, it is not supposed to X2 same map in a row. The two smallest rotations are set to “start with first map unless it was just played”, while the two 32 and 48 are set to “start with the map after the map that was just played”.

If server is below 20 players, you could end up in a situation, where you played Siege, zavod, siege, zavod… But if it gets passed and stays +20 players you will play full vanilla rotation.

Profile Photo

Changed DLC rotation a little bit. No Caspian at the end. Pearl will be the last map.

Profile Photo

Switch rotation to a more pure premium rotation again. There is an issue with adding more vanilla maps, kinda hard to explain. But last two days, server almost gone empty or was on very low player numbers after 16:00 CET.

Profile Photo

RIP 20 slots server. It will shut down tomorrow. Lack of interest and people playing other games.

I will try and update the “premium” map list on the public one once every week (or 2-weeks). It looks like the server can play any premium map without getting empty (at least after 16:00).

Profile Photo

That´s what you get for going on vacation for 4 weeks… come back and the playground gets closed. Thx for the games there was fun

Profile Photo

I had some good times on it too, but my impression was that I was probably the most active MG user of it, and even for me it didn’t amount to much use.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.