MG will not be renting a BF1 server (for now)

Forums General Discussion General Chat MG will not be renting a BF1 server (for now)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Dag 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
Profile Photo

MG will not be renting a BF1 server (for now)

6 days away from early release of BF1 and they finally revealed “some” server news. These revealed that all servers will be hosted by EA and will have to be bought and setup’ed through the in-game store.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/rent-a-server-for-battlefield-1

There is also still no news about any rcon-tools (like procon), kick/ban abilities, gamemodes (hardcore/classic).

We do not have enough money to have a BF4 and a BF1 server. Things can change and if you personally have a large amount of money and want to sponsor a server, then please, go ahead (let us know first).

Personally I do not recommend buying BF1 right now because:
– you can first rent a server from 1st november (lol)
– no server control is bad
– no customization and plugins is bad
– no community servers means that you do not have a place to play, you will just use matchmaking like everybody else. (and yes, all of the server owners on the Procon forums stated that they won’t be buying a BF1 server – that includes most of the classic servers and a lot of the top 20 servers in BF4.)

Profile Photo

Reply To: MG will not be renting a BF1 server (for now)

I dont see any good points at renting either.
Lets hope that other communities do the same and it will crash fast and hard, like SW-game and hardline.

Profile Photo

The other communities are NOT happy: https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?14821-What-are-your-plans-for-running-BF1-servers/page12

Comment from one of the Procon creators:

There will be no RCON. As I read it server management will be done through the new UI.
Just like consoles did with BF4.

There will neither be PunkBuster support. (It wasn’t in the Beta either)

Brace yourself for a cesspool of abuse, since you cannot automate anything in BF1.
No more:

1. Chat logging
2. Stats logging
3. Language filters & punishment system
4. Banlist sharing across servers
5. Votemap
6. Votekick
7. Ping Kick
8. Ingame balancer (DICE balancer does only end-of-round balancing)
9. Custom scripts to catch cheaters

BF1 will be a cesspool of abuse. This does not come as a surprise to me though. I’ve hinted this would happen more than a month ago.

Nevertheless: I’m done with this franchise.

PC community takes one up the arse today.

Profile Photo

Pity. I actually had fun with the beta. Oh well. I guess if I want the bf1 experience, I’ll just visit a random official bf4 server, or stab myself in the thigh with a fork. Money saved.

Well, that’s a complete deal breaker. Unless something develops and they magically have made tools better than what Procon provided I’m out too. Playing on random servers give me a migraine so it’s not an option. Just can’t understand how they can dump on their old core community like this.

Fully support that decission. No point in even considering it as long we don’t know anything for sure.

Profile Photo

The only thing slightly positive thing i’ve seen about the whole sorry affair is : “but you can expect that we’ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016.”

Depending ofc on what those options are.

Problem for me is where is the next AAA title to sink 400 plus hours into going to come from if its not BF1. Sure there are some nice looking games from smaller studios, but these normally grab me for 30-50 hours or so before i get bored. The server options (or lack of) may be annoying but at least it would be a place where all MG members and regulars could play together.

Probably a good idea to hold off initially, but would a server not be needed at some point to help keep the lovely player base we have. Assuming ofc that the game itself turns out to be a winner, if its shite then f**k it 😀

The most important question to come out of this i suppose is, Dice wtf are you doing…..?

Peace!

Profile Photo

There are no Hardcore/Classic mode on release and until 1st November, or who knows it might be normalmode forever now.

Profile Photo

Problem for me is where is the next AAA title to sink 400 plus hours into going to come from if its not BF1.

R I S I N G S T O R M 2
I
S
I
N
G

S
T
O
R
M

It’s AAA when you want it AAA, screw big publishers nowadays.

What? Not even hardcore-mode?

But have to agree with crit about the 400+ hours and community thing.

Here’s the server filters in the trial version of BF1 which will probably be exactly the same as the full game.

Profile Photo

Thanks for the video Robert. I wonder if they will add presets like “hardcore” or “classic” or at least settings to make it like that. In the video they are still missing “ONLY SQUAD LEADER SPAWN On” from BF4.

They do show almost all the other option to make it a classic server.

Profile Photo

That might be true but if I’m not mistaken, admins couldnt ban people from the server.

Do you want another B1schop or VitoVentura situation? That’s how you get another B1schop and VitoVentura situation. Not to mention obvious cheaters and people spamming toxicity on chat.

Oh, and there’s going to be a shitton of cheaters if FIFA 17, published by EA is anything to go by. And EA isnt punishing them on PC with bans, just taking their rewards away in one of the game modes. Doing nada in all the others.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.