MG will not be renting a BF1 server (for now)

Forums General Discussion General Chat MG will not be renting a BF1 server (for now)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: MG will not be renting a BF1 server (for now)

Some news popping up about server prices. Not sure if they are official, and there might be a difference from platform to platform.

Battlefield 1 server prices start at $1.49 for a single day, and $25 for 30 days, which will likely be the most popular option. And thatโ€™s for a medium, 32-player server. This is cheaper than what server rentals cost through third parties for Battlefield 4 and 3.

Hereโ€™s the complete Battlefield 1 server rental price list:

1 Day: $1.49
7 Days: $6.99
30 Days: $24.99
90 Days: $59.99

http://www.bfcentral.net/battlefield-1-server-price/

Profile Photo

Less then $40 PM for a 48 slot (assuming the price per slot is static) seems a little to reasonable..considering it’s from EA ๐Ÿ™‚ .

Good news if it’s accurate though i suppose.

Profile Photo

Was too good to be true. I suppose it’s because PC servers run 60hz and console servers run 30hz.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/266290/#Comment_266290.mean

PC

1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

So if that is still for a 32 player server. Then it will be around 1.25 EUR per slot and around 60-70 EURs per month for 48-52 slots.

Profile Photo

Kick/Ban will be a thing at least :-

What types of features can I expect?
The biggest question, of course. We will update this thread tomorrow with some of the features you will have in the RSP.
Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

Oh and i thought thoses prices were a little bit too good to be true…..

How much will it cost?

PC
1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

EDIT : you beat my post my 1 minute remi ๐Ÿ˜€

Profile Photo

At that point, if we end up getting a server in the end, I guess we’d be renting 3 months at a time as a minimum?

Profile Photo

The only way MG is gonna get a BF1 server at this point, is if there is PLENTY of money in the bank (47 EUR right now – subtracted BF4 server cost – 3 months BF1 server is 90 EUR).
With no Classic mode and zero server control, you basically pay for a server, that you cannot join, because it is full and it has a different name. I understand having one place to meet up is good, which is the only good argument atm. Watch the video below for more info on server renting:

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Remi.
Profile Photo

Being a big supporter of getting a server asap i now have to say even i have changed my mind since the release of the ‘Beta’ RSP. The whole thing in its current state is a joke.

Holding off and waiting to see how they develop the RSP would be my vote at the moment. Renting a server in its current state would just be…..silly? ๐Ÿ˜€

Peace!

Profile Photo

Only good thing about the RSP at the moment seems to be the 3 month rate being pretty decent. Aside from that, currently you’re paying to host servers for DICE, with no obvious benefit to yourself, beyond the right to name it.
It’s like none of them know anyone who has ever rented or run a server.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.