Monkey Gamers unite – let's fight eachother!

Forums Games Battlefield 4 Monkey Gamers unite – let's fight eachother!

This topic contains 27 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Jaws 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
Profile Photo

Monkey Gamers unite – let's fight eachother!

Hi everybody,

in an attempt to vitalize our community I am proposing an unique gaming experience: Competing together and against fellow Monkey-Gamers. I really like the idea of having a regular evening with a fixed time, where everybody can show up as they like and we play some matches internally.

To realize that, Remi already agreed to organise a server for us to use, so we don’t disturb the well used main server.
There are many other variables that I would like to specify for example the most important one: if there is any interest at all for such an event. Please vote in this Strawpoll .

I propose to try out Sunday evening as a timeslot, since it seems to be the most active time.
As it’s the first time for me (and I guess for all of us) trying to make something like this happen, there are more concerns:

– What gamemode/s should be played? Proposal: Rush/Squad Deathmatch(most likely more fun with 3 teams)/Defusal
– What maps should be played Proposal: Trial and error method
– How is balancing/ teambuilding going to work? Proposal: Random teams to start with, balancing due to swapping highest kda with lowest kda player
– How many players do we need? Proposal: We should aim for 8+ Players to make it more fun
– What happens if there aren’t enough participants? Proposal: I guess we postpone
– How long should this go on for? Proposal: 1 hour
– How often is the event? Proposal: bi-weekly / weekly
… I assume there are more which I haven’t thought of yet.

None of this is set in stone yet, if you have ideas or concerns let me/us all know and maybe we can create an awesome event!

Profile Photo

Reply To: Monkey Gamers unite – let's fight eachother!

Great idea Timo, count me in.

If we could get the numbers 5v5 domination would probably work best. If it becomes a regular thing we could try other games like Gary’s mod and CS:GO.

Profile Photo

I think Brian or someone tried to get something similar to this going before.

It has been suggested, but not done.
I’m in.

I think the Squad deathmatch, Defusal or Squad demolition modes would work awesome. CTF could be fun, but is clearly made for more players and Rush would need a ticket adjustment for the lower playercount but would work fine then.
I think everything above 4on4 is fine aswell and the length is great to pop in and out if you still would like to do something else, depending on the mode. What happens if we dont have enough? We flood into our publicserver and bash all the poor pubbies.

Profile Photo

I would be up for this. Depending on how many are interested, we can get a server that matches the numbers.

I suggest Domination and Squad Obliteration for 5 vs 5 and CQ small for 10 vs 10 (without vehicles).

Is this a revival of the Monkey Madness???
Gosh i missed the old Monkey Madness days in BF2142

Count me in for it. Love the idea.

Great idea, count me in.

Definitely. Obliteration and squad death match are probably the best as already suggested and the maps don’t really matter too much to me to be honest.

I don’t think numbers would be a problem. Can someone post it on the member page on battlelog as well?

We also need an MG buggy race at some point!

Profile Photo

I’m in

I’m so in…

Of course you can count me in :).

Profile Photo

I’d play other games, like all MG 6v6 TF2 game (or 1v1 MGE), or FFA in Quake/UT. Or Mario Kart 8, but I don’t think anyone else here has Wii U 🙂

Profile Photo

– How is balancing/ teambuilding going to work? Proposal: Random teams to start with, balancing due to swapping highest kda with lowest kda player

I dont really like this, but I’m in!

Profile Photo

That was just an idea Antoine, we have to see how it will all play out, maybe there won’t be a need to balance it.

Profile Photo

Definitely up for this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.