in an attempt to vitalize our community I am proposing an unique gaming experience: Competing together and against fellow Monkey-Gamers. I really like the idea of having a regular evening with a fixed time, where everybody can show up as they like and we play some matches internally.
To realize that, Remi already agreed to organise a server for us to use, so we don’t disturb the well used main server.
There are many other variables that I would like to specify for example the most important one: if there is any interest at all for such an event. Please vote in this Strawpoll .
I propose to try out Sunday evening as a timeslot, since it seems to be the most active time.
As it’s the first time for me (and I guess for all of us) trying to make something like this happen, there are more concerns:
– What gamemode/s should be played? Proposal: Rush/Squad Deathmatch(most likely more fun with 3 teams)/Defusal
– What maps should be played Proposal: Trial and error method
– How is balancing/ teambuilding going to work? Proposal: Random teams to start with, balancing due to swapping highest kda with lowest kda player
– How many players do we need? Proposal: We should aim for 8+ Players to make it more fun
– What happens if there aren’t enough participants? Proposal: I guess we postpone
– How long should this go on for? Proposal: 1 hour
– How often is the event? Proposal: bi-weekly / weekly
… I assume there are more which I haven’t thought of yet.
None of this is set in stone yet, if you have ideas or concerns let me/us all know and maybe we can create an awesome event!