New headset, tips?

This topic contains 58 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  JurijPietrowicz 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: New headset, tips?

RIP my purple headset (or mic at least):
d

Anyone familiar with Kingston HyperX cloud headsets? Apparently re-branded quality headphones, but read that the mic can break easily.

Profile Photo

Are you ready for modmic now? 😀

Profile Photo

No, because too many wires. And modmic still a Little bit expensive. 🙁 Was thinking about a Blue Snowball maybe, also to record some guitar.

Profile Photo

RIP, pink and bueno headset… . I´m using a 5.1 headset (Roccat Kave). Can´t say if it helps, but the sound is purely for gaming (not movies or guitar).

Profile Photo

Did I ever tell you how bullshit “5.1” really is? c:

Profile Photo

I’m also tempted to try this one: http://www.thomann.de/dk/superlux_hmc_681_evo.htm

Superlux usually very good budget sound. The Kingston headset also give good audio. Not sure, I might just get Siberia headset again, super comfy and directional sound pretty good, but Steelseries stuff breaks so easily.

I am planning to buy a new one too – my current one is a Creative Tactic Alpha 3D, I love it but there are huge cracs on the plastic sides so I think it won’t lst too long now.
My budget is somewhere up to 100€.
Any suggestions?

HyperX Cloud v1 <–pretty good headset
Takstar Pro80 <–same headphones without mic
Creative Aurvana Live! <–one of the best price to performance

If someone is looking for standalone mic I can recommend Blue products (both Yeti and Snowball are very good).

Profile Photo

Since i gave up my AKG/desktop mic(Steinberg usb board latency problems) i have been using Roccat Kave stereo, surprisingly good, even comfier than AKG’s,
Sturdy, good build quality. Music wise just ok with metal, lacking some lower end. games are good.

Review:

Profile Photo

Anyone with a Func HS-260 headset? Are they any good? Found them dirt cheap (20 EUR), and saw some youtube reviews, where the microphone was unbelievable good.

For 20EUR why not. Definitely not for music. But for gaming maybe F:
\/ I see they were popular once \/

ps: I have Beyerdynamic headphones with Fiio ampdac and Blue microphone so you can’t ask me about cheapo “gaming” headsets ^-^

Profile Photo

Based on what Juri linked, I would definitely buy these, for 20€ seems like a really good deal: two sets of ear cups, detachable mic, long cable, and they look decent too. Besides, the mic sounded really good in Jayz’ video, however if audio quality for music or whatever is something you need, then idk.
Personally I really give a big thumbs up for two sets of ear cups, for me it made all the difference with my headset.

buy headphones and a cheap mic for the desktop, all that gaming nonsense is marketing that is extra costly. Ill see if i find some recommendations for you. Whats ur price range?

Remi told you bout the Superlux already, those are great. I bought the SHP 9500s after this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aipXii-qWiQ
Just buy a cheap desktop mic with it like the Trust Starzz.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.