Ni !

This topic contains 46 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Dag 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
Profile Photo

Ni !

Hey folks
Sorry but another help me with my pc post here :
Mine is 2 years old now. I think it’s a good time to change some stuff on it. The point is I have no clue about what to do. As a very well paid dude, i have some money to spend on it. Can you help me and give me some advice about what I should change.

Processor

Intel Core i5 4440 Cadencé à 3.10 GHz

Mother board

MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) 1.0

Memory

8 Go de mémoire totale de type DDR3 à 800.14 MHz

Graphic card

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Fréquence du GPU: 300 MHz
Fréquence mémoire du GPU: 150 MHz

Hard drive: 931.51 Go SATA II

For now I got no SSD, and it might be a good thing to get one. I built up this PC with a friend 2 years ago and we tried to get a good motherboard, don’t know if it’s still good.

Thank you by advance guys.

Reply To: Ni !

Memory

8 Go de mémoire totale de type DDR3 à 800.14 MHz

Graphic card

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series<br>
Fréquence du GPU: 300 MHz<br>
Fréquence mémoire du GPU: 150 MHz

2 things.
DDR ram clock speeds are double of what it says in CPUz. So You have 8GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM. An upgrade to 16 GB should boost your performance in newer games.

I cant really tell anything about your GFX card.
It’s a 200 series, but there is a huge difference in what card in the series you have.
And the GPU speeds are the idle speeds.. Not their real clock speed under load..

If you can clarify the GFX card information, I would be able to give some advice..

The rest seems fine.. The CPU is only 2 generations old.. I’m running the i5 2500K so Your CPU should be good for a couple more years.

Edit: Yes. SSD is a very good investment as a system harddisk! My computer boots in under 10 seconds.. amazing.. ^^

Profile Photo

MB is good, but since 4400 is not k-model and not easily overclockable i would change that
to 4690K. At FullHD resolutions, processor speed should be around 3.8-4.0, after that you wont get
any improvement.

Update memory to 16GB(2x8GB)

For GFX, Get the new radeon 480 or alternative is 1070 which is bit more futureproof.

New SSD, like new Samsung’s EVO-series 500GB.

I dont know which monitor you have right now, but if you are playing at 60hz, i recommend get 144hz, Benq
and Asus have some good models, 1920×1080 is around 300e, 2560×1440 is around 500e.

Profile Photo

About the GPU’s:
Seems like a GTX 1060 (250 bucks) is about to come. I’m not an expert and correct me i f I’m wrong but maybe wait until it’s release or until more custom coolers for existing GPU’s are out. Maybe some more price drops will happen.

Profile Photo

How much money? Don’t buy new ram, unless you have good budget. No performance difference, plus you will need to buy some new DDR4 (or ddr5) in some years anyway.

Get a graphics card and SSD.

If you lucky then maybe you can find used i5/i7 4XXXK CPU cheap. But otherwise CPU is fine, I got an old i5 2500K as well (thank you Karl <3).

Profile Photo

Upvote for the SSD, its the one upgrade that will be most noticeable in day to day use (not necessarily gaming) as your system will boot lightning fast. I dont think I could go back to a HDD boot disk again now (both my laptops, work laptop and PC all have SSDs as boot drives).

If I was you Antoine I would keep everything you have but add a SSD which are pretty cheap and an AMD 480. The SSD will make your operating system, apps and game loading times be quicker and the GPU will give you better FPS. If you have a bit more money to spend on this then get 2x AMD 480’s.

If you want to wait until Wednesday I’ll let you know the FPS on them as I’ve got two here Monday. One of them though is only £219.00 which gives 390x performance and two of them gives around the Nvidia 1080 performance in most games for £300 less!

I’m with Remi on the ram and CPU. It’s good CPU that will give you what you need.

Profile Photo

And get and decent size SSD. For example my 128GB is allready full and only have like bf4 installed there…

On the SSD side. They can be quite pricey.
I can recommend Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD .

It is relatively cheap, and performance is good. Though be mindfull of what you use it for. I recommend only having Windows, small programs and your most used game on it.

See if the 500 GB has dropped in price

Profile Photo

Hey thank you all for advices. I knew that my hard drive was the biggest problem.I really needed some opinions on which model I should take.
For now I dont exactly how much money I can use exactly but I think i’m going to buy a SSD Samsung Serie 850 EVO – 500 Go I found it at 160 € , as my actual screen has cracks in corners and is very old, Aalio idea’s about new screen is good. I found an Asus for 260e with good opinions. about grapic cards, I wonder if it is very usefull to get 2 or only one radeon 480 is enough ? And it seems there are differents models for AMD480, wich one is the better ?

Thank you again guys

If you want to save money, get a 250Gb SSD. I have one of those myself and it gives you enough space for the OS, all important programs and maybe a couple of games. If you have the money, then get the 500Gb one – it won’t hurt to have a little extra space. Putting BF4 on the SSD cuts your loading times in half!

About the graphics card: If you are planning to get a Full HD Screen (1920 x 1080) I would say one is enough. You can always upgrade later if you are not satisfied with the frames per second you get. If you are planning to get a higher resolution screen (WQHD or even higher), you should get two.

I can also recommend getting a screen with a higher refresh rate than 60Hz and consider one with FreeSync.

RAM is relatively cheap, if you can find the same one, upgrade it to 12 or 16Gb.

If you have the money, go for 500GB SSD. I am an lazy ass and i like to have everything installed on my ssd and hdd only for files.

Otherwise, that what the others said.

Profile Photo

How strong is your power supply? Might be a problem if you buy for example 2 RX 480s but also other GPUs.

These 480’s are pretty good and would only get a second if your monitor is able to do above 60FPS. They are also very low on power consumption around 160W which is about 100W less than the 390X.

If you are looking to get 2 though and need more power they are not that expensive to pick up.

Profile Photo

John tell me more about the 480s what is the max tempraturen with gaming my 390x hits a lot above 81 degrees but I have triple screen would it be like the 1080 with fps? I am gaming a lot in eyefinifty but can’t get 60fps on lot of games multyplayer games gives me always fps drops.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.