Ni !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: Ni !

Agree with tiger, the difference is huge. Like everyone else i saw all the posts everywhere regarding 144hz saying it was exceptional and you would never go back to 60hz after upgrading etc.. not quite believing all the hype. I should have! πŸ˜€

I compare it too seeing some gameplay as a demo display (in a shop etc..). Everything always looks so smooth and effortless and i remember thinking everytime that my game never looks or feels like that. It does now, 144hz was the game changer πŸ™‚ .

Cant comment on the tearing below 144hz as i got a new gpu at the same time so didnt have that issue. My monitor does not have G-Sync though (Β£150 extra was just a no no πŸ˜€ ) and i have no issues whatsoever. Just got to get used to the new sensitivity now, had to increase it in every game/application as the mouse felt soooo slow πŸ˜€ .

Profile Photo

Technically, tearing should be more likely to happen when your fps exceeds your monitor refresh rate, this is because parts of many frames would be drawn on the screen during a single refresh, but like was said: it depends on many things. I believe it’s easier to notice though if you get tearing below refresh rate, since the difference between frames in fast movement is.. bigger, I guess.
In Battlefield for example, you can possibly fix or reproduce screen tearing by setting the max fps to specific kind of numbers.

@samzlx you are probably right. That would explain it πŸ™‚

^^ I feel the exact same Sam. I honestly don’t notice screen tearing when playing at 120 fps or above.

@m3talg3ar

My Opinion on freesync and g-sync

My biggest problem with freesync is that it has a surden range where it’ll work. Just an example: from 45hz-60hz freesync will work (these numbers will be different from monitor to monitor). If you go below 45fps or above 60fps tearing will occur.
G-sync on the other hand will be work at all time and cap your fps to max refresh like 144hz/144fps. That’s why I don’t use g-sync in bf. I want as many fps as possible and no fps cap. Higher fps = less latency.

Benefits of high refresh rate from my experience

-I found my mouse control is better. It’s easier to aim and control recoil.
-Very fast paced actions is easier to keep up with and see what actually happens. Flicks and 180 turns will be easier (for dem MLG 360 no scopes m8). Also fast accurately target acquisition is improved IMO.
-Less motion blur. Although not perfect. If you want the best I would recommend the ligthboost hack or ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur). I think most asus and benq monitors offers something like this.
-Less lantency/input lag. It might not be by much. At least not in bf4. The best way to lower input lag seems to be getting as high of a fps as possible (bf4 is capped at 200fps)

Note that this test is from last year and the “netcode” has been improved slightly since. I believe these numbers are even lower today.

View post on imgur.com

Profile Photo

*edited out picture quote abortion*

That’s pretty drastic. Guess I’ll double check if v-sync is off when I get home today.

Profile Photo

You should be ashamed if you have been using vsync all these years.

Profile Photo

It’s so much uglier now though.. but quite responsive, lol.

*edit* it’s not even funny how well some shootouts against several enemies went with vsync off. Felt like I could kill pretty much anyone but aalio.

I’ve had v-sync enabled by default after a patch a few times, always good to check your setting after any patch. The first time i was wondering what had gone wrong with a patch, with it giving indifferent smoothness, then checked settings to find v-sync magically enabled against my will πŸ™

Pity there isn’t a way to launch BF with the frame stats automatically enabled!

@robert_salt_meister I tried using ULMB, but I hated it. It made the whole game feel less smooth and my aiming was a lot worse. Maybe it is because I cannot reach the monitor refresh rate with my current gpu, so I’m using G-Sync instead.

@schnooody LOL! You’re going to be MLG at the end of all this.
-Turning msaa down/Use MFAA?! = Higher frames
-Lower mouse sens from 5cm to 10cm per 360!
-Disabled v-sync
#TheStruggleIsReal πŸ˜€

@tigerfliege
I played with g-sync in bf4 a lot before and it does feel smoother even when you hit max refresh on ULMB.
My only problem with g-sync is the frame cap as I’ve said before. So I would rather have lower input lag (higher than 144fps for this to be true) and extremely little motion blur.

It toke me sometime to get use to it but in the end it was worth it. At least I think so hahaha πŸ˜›
TBH many of these changes probably won’t make you a better player unless you’re a MLG already which I’m surdenly not. I’m getting my ass kicked hard on ESL bf servers πŸ˜€

off-topic: 10cm per 360* is still pretty fast :O I have 20cm/360* i think.

More on-topic: If only ULMB and G-Sync could run together ;_; Now it’s one or the other.

Profile Photo

I am aware, even 20 cm is pretty high when compared to pro players, afaik. But I’m all about comfort πŸ˜€

Profile Photo

High sensitivity can lead to wrist injury more easily since you use your wrist more. I’m using ~37cm/360.

Profile Photo

that logic makes no sense, low sensitivity is just as bad for your arm and wrist as high πŸ˜€ besides, it is all about comfort..

If only ULMB and G-Sync could run together ;_; Now it’s one or the other.

I believe G-Sync (or equivalent) and ULMB can never work together, due to the way they work. With ULMB the backlight of the monitor is flashing whenever the monitor is refreshed instead of being turned on constantly. This results in a different brightness (to the eye). You cannot see this, because the flashes are regular (e.g. 120Hz), since the frequency of the flashes is synchronized to a fixed refresh rate. Having a variable refresh rate would result in changing flashing frequencies and therefore changing brightness of the monitor. This would probably be very distracting and give you a headache or something like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.