No Man's Sky

Forums Games Other Games No Man's Sky

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  SupersonicEagles 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

No Man's Sky

I know many of you wanted this game. I don’t want you to lose your money on something that isn’t worth it so I post here review from steam that is currently most upvoted and I agree with it 100% as I watched gameplays and I was tracking this game as it was made.

This is a overhyped indie game made by 15 people, being sold for AAA price. It’s poorly optimized. It’s shallow, empty, repetitive and boring. Their 18 quinquillion planets are just a bunch of re-color of the same assets, randomly generated with different combinations. Their representation of the universe is inaccurate, every single planet i’ve seen is inhabited with life and/or vegetation, there are no gas giants, no ring systems, no barren planets (EDIT: I’ve been told there are barren planets – i haven’t encountered any) black holes are portals, and no variation of star types. But i’m not here to talk about that stuff you can easily confirm by watching some gameplay.

What i really want to talk about is how they straight out lied about it being multiplayer. The problem is not the fact that you can’t see or interact and play together with other people, it’s the fact that they said it was possible and it isn’t. I’m perfectly fine with the game not having multiplayer, i play single-player games and i enjoy them. What i have a problem with, is they straight out lied about it being multiplayer, that is unacceptable, a game developer cannot do that and get away with it.

I am sick of these vague as f*ck tweets from Sean Murray implying something but not stating it clearly. It’s just a series of shady moves they make over and over again, careful choice of words leaving multiple interpretations, misleading disinformation. They actually covered with a sticker the multiplayer icon from the PEGI score on the Limited Edition box. A few months ago the game had the Massively Multiplayer Online tag on Steam, recently they changed it to Single-Player (EDIT: Aparently these tags are added by users, if that’s the case i stand corrected). After years of clearly stating that it was multiplayer, ONE DAY BEFORE the PS4 launch, they tweet that the game is not ”a multiplayer experience”.

Sean Murray specifically said on interviews you could see and interact with other players, and play together. Then on the first day it has been confirmed by two streamers that tried to meet up, they were in the same system, same planet, same spot, and couldn’t see each other, for one of them it was day time, for the other one it was night time. And the kicker? Hello Games are celebrating that ‘’two players encountered each other’’. How can they be so deceitful?

Going back to the gameplay, the excitement lasts for about the first few planets, then the repetition sinks in, and you’re left with a feeling of huge disappointment. You scan stuff, find some outposts, you mine materials, fill out your ship and your gear, run out of inventory space, go to the nearest space station, sell your sh*t, and then you move on the the next planet. That’s basically what you do until you reach the center of the galaxy for a NG+.

If you’re looking for a good exploration sandbox game, get Subnautica. A indie game with a indie game price. 92% overall positive reviews. Has survival mechanics, crafting mechanics, building mechanics. Better graphics and better optimized.

If you already bought the game on Steam remember you can refund it Steam Refunds.

Profile Photo

Reply To: No Man's Sky

It’s just like Minecraft without anything!

Apart for the multiplayer this is the feeling I share with most sandbox titles. The more they enter the dick measuring contest about the size of the world the more boring it usually is…

Profile Photo

Played the game for 109 minutes yesterday then refunded it!

Was so looking forward to it…..and was soooo disappointed.

Lots of reviews point to performance issues, didn’t have these game ran lovely on my i7 950 & Nvidia 1070

I just found it ‘boring’, and laid back gaming is a type i usually like.

I will pick it up again when it is on sale for around £10 as it might be alright for 10/15 hours or so.

But at AAA price i really would not recommend it!

Profile Photo

Put 9 hours in so far, and to me it feels like a framework or skeleton of what it’ll eventually (hopefully) be. I’m enjoying it, its relaxing and theres a good basis there, but at the moment thats all there seems to be. Not had any performance issues myself, and a lot (a frightening amount) of the reviews are based on what people convinced themselves the game would be, rather than what it actually is (a sandbox exploration game, not a MMO). I’m looking forward to seeing it develop and I’m not disappointed I bought it early, but I can’t say I would recommend it to others just yet.

Got it, played it for an hour, refunded it.

Waste of damn time effort and money.
As soon as it’s processed I’ma spend that money at the pub. Which is what I should have done before hand…

Profile Photo

Another empty bucket, where’s our Skyrim in space?

Tbh I never understood the hype for this game. Without MP it sounds very boring and what I’ve seen and read about it, thats exactly the case after the first hours. It might be an alright game for 10 € but not for it’s AAA price.
If you are looking for a more Minecraft like game in space try out Empyrion. It has MP, base building, vehicle building, exploration, mining,… It is still in Alpha/Early Access but already fun to play and it got a lot of good reviews. I’ve had it for a while now but it’s way more fun to play with people you know so gimme a shout if you are going for it. We might even be able to host our own server if needed.

I watched 2 friends “play” this last night on PS4, Christ, what a pile of rubbish! Bland, boring, no rhythm or direction in gameplay.

Just seems to be a constant crafting affair!

If you wanna lolz about the game and its hype :

xd

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.