performance issues

Forums General Discussion Help & Support performance issues

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BrianSaysRelax 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

performance issues

So i see ppl on the internet running around with the same CPU/gfx card and apparently getting way more frames out of it, while at higher settings and recording that stuff on top.

I have a fairly popular combo: i5 3570k and a gtx 970 with 16 GB DDR3 RAM. I run Windows 10 and recently clean-installed it. I get sub 60 fps no matter what i do, resolution all the way down or up does hardly make a difference, which is odd. So i dont quite know what to do to improve it. I used to get around 60 fps on Win 8.1 Full HD all settings on low with the exception of Siege of Shanghai and the odd place here and there where the game had to render a lot.

Any of you got the same hardware? What frames do you get and what settings are you using? Do you use older drivers, went back to older OS or maybe using some high fps config?

Thanks for the help

Profile Photo

Reply To: performance issues

Turn of v-sync in graphic settings?

i5 2500K (overclocked to 4,2ghz), GTX 670, 16GB.
Video with FPS (120-190 fps)

Vsync off in both Game and Nvidia Settings. You got these frames on other maps aswell? What is the lowest you ever get remi? U running win 10?

Profile Photo

Start -> type “power plan” -> pick up the one with a green battery -> switch to High Performance.

See if that helped. If it didn’t, check CPU/GPU temps/utilization.

lol i thought u were kidding, im not on a laptop, IT STILL was on balanced by default… fuck you microsoft … and ur shitty console.

Profile Photo

Are you using windowed mode or exclusive fullscreen?

Profile Photo

All settings low except mesh on Ultra. Win 8.1. Most maps +100 fps, but I think it goes below at times on the water maps.

@linc tried both, first windowed fullhd then switched to lower res (1360×768) and fullscreen. will reinstall. btw using avira antivir, have tried both on and off, no difference either.

Profile Photo

I have pretty similar setup, 6600k@3.8, asus 970, 16gb ddr4@2.4.
BF4 with lowest possible settings with some config tweaks never dips below 120 at 19×10(limited to that).
with those my gpu is at 35% and cpu is at 50%. Im using 365.19 drivers.

Are your clocks normal in afterburner?, sounds like its underclocking for some reason, i had that with some drivers, DDU + new install fixed that.
also check that power management mode is set at prefer maximum performance in nvidia panel(make custom setting for BF4).
Definitely something is not normal there.

ok installed cpuids hwmonitor software and it says my cpu temp is reaching 105 degrees pretty fast, which is the temperature in °C where the cpu starts autothrottling to keep cool, so it might just be a clogged cooler or a defect. will clean the machine and see if that solves it.

Profile Photo

or slightly misaligned cooler, check that and thermal paste.
Good that the you found the problem.

i hope i found the problem, cooler wasnt misaligned, and looked not that dirty, i do have a boxed cooler, so nothing too powerful and effective. When i took the fan off the cooler however, i saw that there was quite a lot of dirt that i couldnt remove without disassembly. the paste doesnt look too good, it isnt completely hard and brittle, but more like silly puddy and not as liquid as when you apply it freshly, might have to get me some new paste.

Idle temp immediatly dropped, but i have to test max stress temp now.

ZOMG SO MANY FRAMES.

heres a reason to clean ur room … keeps ur pc clean too

even with a cleaned cooler and maxing out the FPS to my selfset limit of 144 coz my monitor has that refreshrate, i still get it up to 105 degrees Celsius, i need a new cooler and fresh paste.

but holy cow … now fullhd and no issues whatsoever. Thanks for your help guys, wouldnt have arrived there in quite some time without you.

new cooler on the way: be quiet Shadow rock sr2 with 180 watts tdp.

@remi u using watercooling if i remember correctly right?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.