Post your last purchases

Forums General Discussion General Chat Post your last purchases

This topic contains 45 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  kuZhov 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: Post your last purchases

Shoes

To match my new suit for the wedding of one of my friends on december 6th 😀

Are you one-legged? Hohoho.

Nah, going to buy the other one next week when payday has come 😀

Profile Photo

Bought this one some weeks ago for bedroom TV

df

Let me know how you get on with that please Remi.

I have a pair of jailbroken ATV2s (bedroom/living room). They work well with XMBC but I always feel they’re under powered with iOS running on them. ATV2s go for £200/250 on ebay as they’re out of production now and I’m thinking about selling them and buying something a bit more powerful. The Roku devices look favorite at the moment, they run a modded Linux and Plex seems to be the software of choice.

It’s going to be my nerd project over Christmas.

Profile Photo

Let me know how you get on with that please Remi.

I have a pair of jailbroken ATV2s (bedroom/living room). They work well with XMBC but I always feel they’re under powered with iOS running on them. ATV2s go for £200/250 on ebay as they’re out of production now and I’m thinking about selling them and buying something a bit more powerful. The Roku devices look favorite at the moment, they run a modded Linux and Plex seems to be the software of choice.

It’s going to be my nerd project over Christmas.

It’s been running great. Any little PC with the NVIDIA ION can run 1080p flawless.

But that one is in the living room, and I actually build my own little PC for the bedroom, but it was with Intel HD integrated and it was just so bad, way too much CPU usage and could only manage to play 720P.

In the end I sold my own-build one and bought a used Asus EEE Box with Nvidia ION and it works perfect. Got it for only 60 euroes!

My setup is running with Plex too, it’s the lazy mans way to make a media center/network. Thinking about XMBC but I cba to setup my own server and stuff. All you need with Plex is the Plex Media Server and then install Plex Media Center on the clients in your home.

I went with PCs because you can just do more stuff with them. And one of the slight advantages and bad things about Plex is transcoding, where it uses the CPU power from the server instead of the client. Happens on Android Plex and other places, but not on PCs.

Me and GF got this some weeks ago btw. A bit pissed about Panasonic not having an Plex app (seeing as Samsung and LG has one):

d

Profile Photo

If you use Plex you should check out Plex Alaska skin. It’s way better than the default imho.

Profile Photo

Any good gifts this year?

I got this from the gf. Little server with room for 4-5 hd’s, gonna setup with plex and maybe linux/windows.

df

Profile Photo

fail

Profile Photo

Profile Photo

Got bored of my Android phone and replaced it with iPhone 5s. In a manly golden color.

I have to say the touchid sensor is really nice way of unlocking your phone. Don’t have to worry about anyone spying on your access code. 😛 Just press home button on leave your thumb on it for a second to have the phone open. ^^

It’s a bit weird you can’t use AirDrop to share things between iOS and OSX. :/

Profile Photo

Yeah, I just had to pick an Xbox One up! Titanfall soon as well as a few others! Me and my house mates have had fun on Ryse Son of Rome and Dead Rising!

Also my b-e-a-utiful set of Astro a50’s! I love them, their sound quality is epic and I can use them on all my consoles!

Profile Photo

Do you use that headset when we play?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.