Rather Short Shooting Stuff Guide

Forums Games Battlefield 4 Rather Short Shooting Stuff Guide

This topic contains 27 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Dag 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
Profile Photo

Rather Short Shooting Stuff Guide

Spring Patch brought sorrow to all high ROF gun magdumping players with its nerf on spread for weapons like AEK or MG4. I also noticed many of you aren’t too good at killing enemies efficiently.
Before we start – what did the Spring Patch change? Answer’s simple – DICE LA made high rate of fire guns accumulate random spread quicker and increased the time of spread decrease. In other words you can’t magdump AEK into enemy 100 meters from you with your macr… ekhm, perfect recoil management because bullets will fly everywhere after 3 shots.

So…
How do the guns work in BF4?

Every gun has many numbers assigned to it, but I’ll explain just few most important ones:

– Recoil Up means how much gun kicks upwards with every shot, it’s linear so you can fully compensate it
– Recoil Left and Right means how much gun kicks to the sides, game chooses random number between left and right recoil amount and kicks for that number, which means you can’t control horizontal recoil
– First shot multiplier multiplies upward recoil for the first shot on full auto or the last shot in burst for burst-fire
– Spread increase per shot means how much degrees will your bullet deviate from the center of crosshair with each subsequent shot until you release the trigger allowing the accumulated spread to decrease and vanish

Now let’s talk about guns
You should always aim for the most versatile gun for a map, eg. fast enough to be effective inside the factory on Zavod but not too spready to miss people on B hills when on B flag. I’ll point you few guns I find useful on most maps.
– M16A4 and M4 – great all-rounder, easy to control despite 800 RPM though might be hard to use for not skilled player (jamming when clicking mindlessly). I clicked 2000 soldiers to death in less than 2 weeks with M16.
– AN-94 – due to burst delay the best gun for magdumping right now, just get used to its recoil on Test Range, put it on burst fire mode and dump all the bullets into enemies. Due to game mechanic delay between bursts is long enough for spread to reset allowing you to stay as accurate as horizontal recoil lets you be. Also basically impossible to jam on burst-fire. And you should call it Abakan because it sounds cooler.
– AK-12 and AKU-12 – put it on burst fire mode for free 100 rounds per minute, 650 RPM on full-auto vs 750 RPM on burst-fire. Middle ground between M16/M4 and AN-94.
– QBB-95 and LSAT – all-rounders for your friendly neighborhood Ammoguy. Almost no recoil and low spread increase. QBB for magdumps, LSAT for tap-firing.
– RPK-74M – after Spring Patch buff one of the most versatile LMGs in game, combines high damage model (20 minimum and 30 maximum damage) and low recoil (0.36 upward recoil on RPK vs 0.43 on Pecheneg)
– SCAR-H and ACE 52 CQB – they kick like a mule, both with recoil and damage. But once you learn to control their recoil you’ll find they don’t spread bullet so much allowing you to dominate close to medium range.
– AR160, AUG A3 and CZ-805 – three 700 RPM assault rifles. Choose AR160 for little vertical recoil, AUG A3 for quick bullets and the lowest spread or CZ-805 for awesome 2-round burst and almost no horizontal recoil
– SAR-21 – Singaporean laser pointer, long range dominator, just aim for the head in closer ranges
I also recommend you to compare gun stats on Symthic.com so you can choose the most effective gun statwise.

Now, when you have a gun of your choice…
You should decorate it with some attachments!

For barrel attachments:
– Muzzle break reduces vertical recoil and makes spread increase per shot higher, you shouldn’t use it as vertical recoil is the thing you can compensate for
– Flash hider basically hides muzzle flash but also makes spread decrease take longer, you shouldn’t use it at all
– Compensator makes being accurate on range easier since your gun doesn’t kick to the sides as much and you can focus on controlling vertical recoil. Unfortunately it makes spread increase per shot higher.
– Heavy barrel is the best choice for most low-medium RPM guns, it significantly decreases base spread, slightly decreases spread increase per shot at cost of ~20% higher vertical recoil. The one you can compensate. Just don’t put it on SCAR-H unless you’ve enjoyed shooting sky with LMGs back in Day of Defeat.
– Suppressor for being sneaky beaky like, just mind that your bullets are ~70% slower now.
– Bare barrel is recommended if you don’t mind some horizontal recoil and your gun doesn’t spread as much

And for underbarrel attachments:
– Stubby/potato grip decreases spread increase per shot meaning you can do longer bursts without spread throwing bullets everywhere
– Angled/folding grip decreases first shot multiplier
– Ergo/vertical grip gives tighter hip-fire spread
Unfortunately all those grips make spread decrease take longer by 33% meaning you need to wait longer between bursts for cumulated spread to vanish

Now that you have beautifuly garnished gun in your hands…

Some basic aiming tips from a rather accurate player
– Get better mouse and mousepad – read about angle snapping and jitter, two things in your way for perfect aim except for your muscle memory
– Lower your sensitivity in game – most professional CS:GO players play on 400 DPI and low sensitivity
– Try predicting where your enemies might be and aim there, don’t be afraid to pre-shoot
– Don’t move when shooting at longer ranges – base spread for assault rifles when not moving is 0.2 – 0.25 and when moving it’s 0.8 – 1.0. Heavy barrel reduces not moving spread by 50% and moving by 15%
– Drink a coffee or big mug of strong tea – caffeine/theine shot helps you reflex to shoot stuff quicker

For further reading/watching I recommend Symthic forums and videos on YouTube made by guy called MarbleDuck

Our Rather Short Shooting Stuff Guide ends here, now go and shoot stuff, increase that pitiful K/D of yours and lead your team to victory!

Reply To: Rather Short Shooting Stuff Guide

Thank you, Nice guide 🙂

u missed the best gun ever . my beloved FAMAS
shame on u

Profile Photo

u missed the best gun ever . my beloved FAMAS<br>
shame on u

FAMAS should be shooting white flags, it’s a french gun after all 😆
Besides, it’s not versatile at all, you’ll be outranged by anything unless you can recognize which camo enemy uses on his rifle.

Is that spread decrease from the flash hider a new “feature”? It isn’t mentioned in symthic gun comparison.

Profile Photo

Straight from extensive Symthic patch notes:

Flashhider: ADSProneBaseSpreadDecMod – from 1 to 0.83
Flashhider: ADSStandMoveSpreadDecMod – from 1 to 0.83
Flashhider: ADSCrouchMoveSpreadDecMod – from 1 to 0.83
Flashhider: ADSStandBaseSpreadDecMod – from 1 to 0.83
Flashhider: ADSProneMoveSpreadDecMod – from 1 to 0.83
Flashhider: ADSCrouchBaseSpreadDecMod – from 1 to 0.83

Those dice bastards.. This was the latest patch?

Profile Photo

Yup, Spring Patch, here are full patch notes if you like numbers: click

Profile Photo

Having not read the patch notes, I was a bit surprised a couple of weeks back, when I noticed red bars on the flash suppressor. I was in the process of equipping it on a gun, as it’s sort of been the default barrel attachment for me (no penalty, minor advantage). Never again.

Profile Photo

Didn’t read LOL

Yeah still not able to add giff to my post

So If I understand you, the AeK is now a shitty weapon ?

Profile Photo

As you see, with controlling vertical recoil AN-94 remains fairly accurate, AEK goes all over the place due to horizontal recoil and spread. Both guns with heavy barrel and stubby grip. Before patch skilled player could tame AEKs recoil, as you may have seen on some competitive BF4 videos.
Nevermind my friends voices.

Profile Photo

Oh, if you want versatile PDW, UMP-45 is your friend. Highest damage model of all PDWs in CQB, decent at medium range, low horizontal recoil. Put compensator on it and pull down when shooting.

Also, testing auto-embeeding images

View post on imgur.com

I have been attempting to master all ARs, LMGs, PDWs and carbines. I’m almost done now with a few PDWs to go, then I can start using my favourite ones again….

When it comes to ARs now I think the kings are the medium DPS, medium recoil and spread ones (so ACE-23, M416, AR160, CZ-805, AUG A3 etc), since they offer the most versitility. As Kuzhov already said the burst ones are great too if you get used to burst fire weapons.

Another good versatile PDW now is the JS2. They increased its max damage out to 20m and it has 900 RPM. The recoil and spread can get a bit much at longer ranges, but it’s great once you get used to it, you can really notice the range increase. They also did the max damage range increase for the CBJ-MS, so this is now also a lot better than it used to be, although it has modest DPS in extreme CQB.

I’ve also been struggling with the GROZA-4, that thing is awful. it has a decent max damage but that drops off very fast it has an average ROF with a tiny mag and the bullet velocity feels like you are throwing stones at people. I’m not sure what niche they were aiming for when they designed it, it is outclassed by many other weapons at any range.

Profile Photo

IF anyone’s still interested in optimizing his weapon usage, MarbleDuck just uploaded video about carbines being outclassed by PDWs

I have been attempting to master all ARs, LMGs, PDWs and carbines. I’m almost done now with a few PDWs to go, then I can start using my favourite ones again….

When it comes to ARs now I think the kings are the medium DPS, medium recoil and spread ones (so ACE-23, M416, AR160, CZ-805, AUG A3 etc), since they offer the most versitility. As Kuzhov already said the burst ones are great too if you get used to burst fire weapons.

Another good versatile PDW now is the JS2. They increased its max damage out to 20m and it has 900 RPM. The recoil and spread can get a bit much at longer ranges, but it’s great once you get used to it, you can really notice the range increase. They also did the max damage range increase for the CBJ-MS, so this is now also a lot better than it used to be, although it has modest DPS in extreme CQB.

I’ve also been struggling with the GROZA-4, that thing is awful. it has a decent max damage but that drops off very fast it has an average ROF with a tiny mag and the bullet velocity feels like you are throwing stones at people. I’m not sure what niche they were aiming for when they designed it, it is outclassed by many other weapons at any range.

Scar -h is still my go too 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.