BF4 Server FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions

Forums Games Battlefield 4 BF4 Server FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Profile Photo

BF4 Server FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions

Got any questions? Post. Got any answers? Post. Do you think that the “explanations” are confusing or has very bad grammar? Say it!

What is seeding?

• Seeding means to fill up the server. If the server is empty people say “let’s seed”, which again means to start up the server. This usually happens in the morning. Seeding is a lot easier in the early hours, might be because people have not went to work yet, or because you “steal” players from other servers (before they fill up).
  • Why is the server 10, 20 and 32 slots and not 48 in the morning?

• This is because it is easier to kick-start/seed a server on lower player numbers. This is due to the fact that Battlelog filters do not show a 1/48, but shows rather a 1/10, because (very likely) people have set “Free Slots” to none/1-6/6-10. Therefore a 1/48 will not show up and will be a lot harder to seed. The fact that every server owner uses this method is proff that it works and is a lot easier. This was also easier before, with adaptive server size plugin, but it does not work anymore, and has to be done manually.
  • Why do I get kicked without a “reason”?

• If the server is full and you are not a reserved slot member, there is a chance that you might be kicked. Unfortunantly DICE has not fixed the kick-reason when this happens, and will simply display “kicked by admin” and nothing else.
  • How do I jump over the queue and become a reserved slot member?

• Donators get reserved slots on our server. You can donate by using the button on the frontpage (right-side). Remember to post your name in our donation-topic so we can add you to the list: https://www.monkey-gamers.com/forums/topic/server-donation/
  • What is Procon and UMM?

• Procon is the admin tool, that we use to monitor our servers and to kick/ban, change map rotation. There is around 15-20 admins who have access to it, you can find a list of them here: https://www.monkey-gamers.com/remi-takes-a-2-3-months-break-new-roles-inside-mg/

UMM / Ultimate Map Manager is a plugin that we have used to test DLC maps and previously run mixed gamemodes. It is plugin that allows you to create multiple map rotations that change automatically by either time-of-day or amount of players on the server.

• Profile Photo

Reply To: BF4 Server FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions

because (very likely) people have set “Free Slots” to none/1-6/6-10.

The fact that every server owner uses this method is proff that it works and is a lot easier.

That’s not a flaw with battlelog though, that’s just most people being weird. 😛 Who in their right mind joins Siege of Shanghai Conquest Large 1/10 anyway?
    That could explain why my “48+ players, don’t care how many free slots” filter sometimes shows very few servers though, I guess?

If it’s the better method, it’s the better method, it just struck me as unintuitive, but I suppose people use different filters.

Profile Photo

Almost 50% of the players joining the server in the morning, I’ve never seen before, so for whatever reason there is more players who wants to play 1/10 shanghai.

Another thing about adaptive is: it works for official mode, that get’s traffic from quickmatches. It will rather put you on a 12/20 server than a 10/48 server. Unfortunantly quickmatch don’t work for ranked. Look at Fummelbude, DEFR or other servers who uses “Conquest Classics” in server settings, it does not make it easier to seed the server, because it is ranked. If it was Official though, another story. Also official servers do not have any admin tools at all.

Profile Photo

Almost 50% of the players joining the server in the morning, I’ve never seen before, so for whatever reason there is more players who wants to play 1/10 shanghai.

I can barely understand wanting to play Shanghai in the first place, 1/10 doubly so 😆 .
    All in all I’m glad I’m not in charge of the server, as people confuse me thoroughly.

Profile Photo

From the chat, what’s UMM?

Profile Photo

UMM / Ultimate Map Manager is a plugin that we have used to test DLC maps and previously run mixed gamemodes. It is plugin that allows you to create multiple map rotations that change automatically by either time-of-day or amount of players on the server.

Profile Photo

Is there a schedule for the map rotation?
    Would be intresting to know when MG runs premium maps, and when not.

DLC maps are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (always 1800 CET)

Profile Photo

Small vanilla rotation from 05:00 to 10:00
    Larger vanilla – 10:00 to 16:00
    Vanilla + outbreak and zavod night (monday, wednesday, fridays, sundays) – 16:00 – 23:00
    Small vanilla rotation – 23:00 – ….

DLC rotation same time as vanilla +, but just the other days.

Switching around a bit with the starting times of the evening rotation, currently testing 16:00.

Profile Photo

CHEERS!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.