Strike on Nice

Forums General Discussion General Chat Strike on Nice

This topic contains 19 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Nahltir 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Profile Photo

Strike on Nice

Hello mates,
Juste few words to tell you I’m safe and my local friends too.

Profile Photo

Reply To: Strike on Nice

Glad to hear it mate.

Thoughts are with the people that were not so safe.

Another sad day!

Putain con ça fait chier.

Good to hear you’re safe. Another sad day..

Profile Photo

Glad to hear you’re ok, korbish.

Glad to hear you are safe. Sad to hear so many were not. 🙁

Profile Photo

I suspect that things are escalating, and in near-future christian world will be at war against islamic world.
And from a viewpoint of common man like me, i doesnt matter who is causing it or why.
Too unfortunate that as always, like here, innocent bystanders are paying the price.

Profile Photo

Thank God you’re all alright.
Just seen some truly awful scenes on the news.

Nice to see everyone safe . My thoughts to those who died in such day that should have been a celebration .
and now we are going to be flamed on the internet for something we had nothing to do with . it’s just too painful to see the world falling into chaos like this

Profile Photo

wow, slowly these horrilble terroristic acts are becoming so frequent and bloodthirsty that even the most peaceful and optimistic people like myself are starting to worry. Let´s just hope that there´s enough reason in the politic world so things do not escalate in the next couple years but settle down again. But the choices of foreign ministers these days… that´s right britain, I´m looking at you…

Glad to hear you and your friends are safe. Sometimes horrible events help the people to stand stronger together, I hope this is the case in nice

Profile Photo

As much as acts of terrorism seem to getting more and more common these days, still remains incredibly unlikely. Forgetting that is to play into the hands of the people committing these acts, IMO.

I’m glad to hear that everyone is ok! Terrible thing.. Horrific even..

I am seeing these events as a sign from, especially ISIS, but also other extremist groups, that they have no other means of meaningful attack.
It’s a strategy to claim victory and show their “god given” “invincibility” in their own ranks. It’s quite clever, because media is all over it! Causing fear in hundreds of millions of people, even if it is a relatively small number of people that gets killed (still too many! Obviously).

Most of these terrorist groups are highly territorial, and ever since Russia and the coalition have begun stripping IS for land control, IS needs to have a way to confirm the “god given victory” they claim to have, even though they are loosing territory. It’s unfortunate. And the innocent lives lost to their unforgivable war-crimes will be revenged. In blood if needed.
I am just waiting for France to go into all-out war. Not these semi-wars in the coalition. It doesn’t work.

But most of all, i think of the families that are affected by these war-crimes. May they continue to thrive and not be affected ever again by these types of attacks.

Don’t be afraid. We will endure! We will not give up liberty for some psychos, that think a god gave them the right to take lives for their cause. Don’t be afraid.

PS: This has nothing to do with religion, Muslims, Christians, or the like. Only the psychotic humans that interpret a religion of peace, as a religion of war and conquest.

So horrific, how on earth are we ever going to solve this!

Glad to hear the people within the group are safe!

Profile Photo

I agree with Schnoody here.

As horrific the attack is and as much as I am sad for the families that lost someone they loved, the fear incited by the media is absolutely in no proportion to the actual damage these terrorists do. Statistically speaking it’s a minor occurance. It feels more dangerous than it actually is.
Just to get this into relation: Tobacco consumption kills 700.000 people per year – only in europe. 700.000!

The difference is, that the terror attacks are perceived as a conscious act – as criminal attrocities commited by humans. The direct impact is what strikes fear into the heart of people. What if I go out on Saturday – will there be a shooting in the club? Another truck plowing through the festival I am heading for? We just cannot get our heads around their motives … the “why”.
But all that fear is irrational. It’s much more likely people die in a normal car accident, by alcohol or tabacco consumption – hell – even in their own household by climbing a fucking ladder or not unplugging the flatiron.
ISIS are not much more than moskitos to me – they sting – but we should scratch ourselfs and be done with it.

To make that clear: I have all the sympathy in the world for the people who lost a friend or family member in this event. It’s a tragedy for those people. And it is totally unnecessary death. (But so is dying by drugs, alcohol or tobacco.)
On a wider perspective it’s not even worth the effort of heightening security imo. The money would be better spent in preventing young people to start smoking. This so called “security” is a unattainable anyway – it’s just a political bandage to soothe people minds. Nobody will prevent people to rent a truck or buy some kitchen knifes …

If I come across a bit unsympathetic – believe me I am not. (I am your vegetarian fellow, that carrys injured animals home for care etc.)
It just annoys me, that the media and people let it get to them so much.
So please stop with that “the world is falling into chaos” bullshit and stay the peaceful and optimistic people you are. All in all it’s good and peacefull times we live in. We had two worldwars on this continent ffs: whatever ISIS does should be conceived as a ridiculous smallish effort of “terror” – a side note of history.

Profile Photo

All of these terrorist acts are those of cowards and bigots desperately trying to stay relevant in a world that has no interest in what they want to say.

Now, I need to start by saying I have every sympathy for those who are affected by these types of atrocities, and that we absolutely should be working to eliminate this from our society. The problem is, the whole point of these acts is in the name: “Terrorism”. Their “power” relies on their ability to create a feeling of terror. The best way of taking away that “power” is to not react to it. To not have it all across the media, to not have public displays of solidarity across the world, to play it down and ignore it. When these people see Sydney Opera House lit up in Tricolour they don’t think “oh shit, they’re all against us”, they think “great, we’re getting at them, we’re having an effect, we’re relevant“.

“Not giving in to terrorism” isn’t about showing a united front against it, its about showing them that their acts are irrelevant, and won’t affect our daily lives.

You know what would be more devastating to their cause than three days of national mourning? To get back out there the next day and carry on with your Bastille Day celebrations. To get back out there the next day and continue the party, enjoy yourselves, carry on with your lives. Show them, and anyone else who might share their ideology, that they dont matter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.