The Art of MG

Forums General Discussion Media The Art of MG

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)

Reply To: The Art of MG

Markus: I can recommend hugin for stitching fast some decent panorama pictures and if you are willing to infest some time you get very good results with this program.<br>
hugin

Thank you for the recommendation, I will try it out! I have been using Microsoft ICE, it is fairly simple and gives decent results. Taking the pictures is the hard part though πŸ˜€ For the second one I used 116 Pictures at ~100 mm (kit lens of my 700D) – so with my 300 mm at full length I would end up with about 1000 pics to take πŸ™‚

Profile Photo

Nice panos. What equipment you got? 0.40 gigapixels, so fullframe maybe? πŸ˜›

d

Taken with my old Sony NEX-C3 with a old vintage 50mm f1.7 lens (got a couple of those, very cheap). Recently upgraded to a NEX-5T, bought used, don’t have a lot of money and camera hobby is not cheap. I hope I can get started with some astrophotography soon.

Profile Photo

Nice panos. What equipment you got? 0.40 gigapixels, so fullframe maybe? ?

d

Taken with my old Sony NEX-C3 with a old vintage 50mm f1.7 lens (got a couple of those, very cheap). Recently upgraded to a NEX-5T, bought used, don’t have a lot of money and camera hobby is not cheap. I hope I can get started with some astrophotography soon.

You’ve made your dog look like it hangs out at gentleman’s clubs, smoking cigars and drinking whisky. Or is that just how your dog is?

Astrophotography? That’s an stunning branch. Was on some speech where a guy showed his pictures – amazing!
Closest thing to astrophotography I ever did was the try to make a picture of the bloodmoon a few weeks ago, didn’t work out well because it was to spontaneous I guess. But a few years ago I got northernlights on picture, though there is a lot of light pollution on them because they where taken in the middle of a city.

Here’s the pumpkin with some candle:

Profile Photo

Kitty there helen?

Profile Photo

I think the photo filter on the dog is called “vintage” or something, so that probably helps a bit. It’s my dads, very sweet hunting dog (not used for hunting though) acts like a baby most of the time, where it wants to be in your lap. Kinda hard when it’s semi-big.

Astrophotography is not that hard, and all you need is a camera with manual settings and a somewhat good lens that can “eat” a lot of light.

I got very interested in it, because I read this article: http://wildernessvagabonds.com/blog/?p=175

Sony NEX cameraes are very cheap used these days. Even the first ones are still pretty good (NEX-3 and NEX-5), and they are getting sold with lens for less than 100 EUR sometimes.

Btw. nice cat! I miss my old cat, she was a very good photo-model!

d

EDIT: Sorry, already posted that on the first page. Here is a different one.

d

This picture has been (and still his) my opening screen. Thanks Rem.
I love cats but not having sex with.

The cat pictures are amazing!

Here is another Panorama I made today. Nothing fancy though, I had to do it quickly because sun was already setting.

Profile Photo

I was bored… so I sprayed deo on a Monster can and this came out πŸ™‚
It should be a bit darker but I’m happy with it πŸ™‚

*Nikon D5100 πŸ™‚

Profile Photo

Thank you πŸ™‚

Beautiful flames πŸ™‚

My latest additions to the gear in one picture (glass sphere + 50 mm f/1.8):

Sphere

Gonna try it with a polarising filter next time to get rid of the reflections.

And if you haven’t noticed: the image is flipped πŸ˜€

Profile Photo

That looks pretty awesome πŸ™‚ ! How did you get that idea??

That looks pretty awesome :) ! How did you get that idea??

Thank you πŸ™‚ Well, I have a lot of youtube subscriptions (too many), so I got it from one of the videos that landed in my sub box πŸ˜‰ Check it out

My first timelapse attempt, roughly 45 mins compressed to 8 seconds

Trying to do more this year

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.