The Art of MG

Forums General Discussion Media The Art of MG

This topic contains 93 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Linc 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: The Art of MG

@xc4sper21 Good luck.

@abraxus Nice staircase. πŸ˜€ I’ve also been meaning to do some long exposure photography myself.

Very nice! I really liked the one of the stones, it’s really got something to it. Photoshopped?

It’s a 100 second exposure with a ND filter. I don’t edit any pictures in Photoshop, just in Lightroom as imho a good picture should already come out from the camera and not the computer. Good luck with your own ambitions ?

Profile Photo

There is CameraRaw plugin for Photoshop, which I’ve been using for years. Tried getting used to Lightroom as it is easier to manage photos that way, but CamerawRaw is just quicker to use for single photos, for me at least.

Nice pics everyone.
I love the Budapest one the most πŸ™‚ .

Profile Photo

There’s darktable for linux. It’s pretty much the same as Lightroom except it’s free.

Profile Photo

My first attempt at time lapse video.

Profile Photo

It took me a while but as promsed here are my Scotland pictures. Right away: we were hiking and everybody had a phone with him for snapshots and at some point I gave up taking my time with takig pictures and then running for 200 meters to catch up so most of these pictures are more or less snapshots as well πŸ˜€ . Anyways I hope didn’t do too much of an awful job πŸ™‚

Edinburgh:

The view from Edinburgh Castle.

I wanted to try a little bit of long exposure just for shits and gigs and we had about 5 minutes to get back to our hostels so I just autofocused something, put the camera on a trash can for some kind of stabilization and pressed the button. It’s not sharp at all but accaptable if it’s small and you don’t look too closely πŸ˜€

You can see the Castle in the background on this one.

Loch Lomond:

I don’t know the name of that mountain, I just liked the clouds (I also just noticed the leafs on the top right corner… :/ )

Loch lomont really felt like a trip in the tropics. It was hot, wet and there were Insect all over the place. At some point we weren’t sure if we really were in Scotland ^^
I didn’t rally take pictures for half a day after that. We did a 35 Km walk so I put away ma camera too have it a bit easier. Never really hiked before and it was a bit much (weak πŸ˜› ) ^^
But we walked throught the kind of landscape I was expecting and I also liked it a lot more. Here a picture I took with my phone:

Crianlarich:

That’s it πŸ™‚

Profile Photo

Yes πŸ™‚ Have you been there as well ?

Nice pictures man, now I’d like to go on a hike, too πŸ™‚

Profile Photo

Good pictures @xc4sper21 . What camera did you use?

I hopefully take some, when I’m off to Faroe Islands on sunday.

Profile Photo

@remi
Nikon D5100 mainly with the kit lens. Bought it 4 years ago.

Profile Photo

Nice. You even have the horizon straight. πŸ˜€

If your lens has marker for infinity focus, it’s handy during dark hours, should your camera refuse to focus otherwise.

Profile Photo

My first go with star trails. Luckyliy Sony made an app for my camera, so it makes it into a video automatically. Still the camera spent two hours taking all the pictures.

d

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.