Squad – (Unreal Engine 4)

Forums Games Squad Squad – (Unreal Engine 4)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)

Reply To: Squad – (Unreal Engine 4)

Nice, I think it worth to try. But I’m personally not big fan of early access projects, so from 1 to 10 how are game ready?

I would surentenly say it’s not the best (if compared to the big shooter’s like bf/cod) bit it’s still reassemble good and it had a big update not to long ago (1 week ago), enough servers to play on (up to max 72 players). I would give it a 7 and you should try it out .

guys, for when playing squad, try to join the rocketbeans server, it has some good squadplay, and off course voip comminication

£15 on steam till monday.

Just played a few hours and I think this game mechanic on Battlefields engine would be my dream game.

Then go play Project Reality 🙂 Squad is remake of this mod on the UE4.

Sadly don’t have time to try it but would you guys say it’s worth it? I been looking at it aswell but the non-discount price is a bit steep for a early-access game.

So might pick it up now when it’s cheaper if people like it.

I have played countless hours of PR 😀 I meant a modern BF engine.

The graphics on Squad look really dated sadly and every single Unreal Engine game I have played so far had some goofyness in it which I can hardly describe but you just instantly know when a game is based on the Unreal engine.

If you really want to support them making the game then buy it at 50 %, it really is not a bad game already but who knows if they ever finish it and when. I will wait till they make further progress.

Profile Photo

Bought it. Let’s try to have a gaming evening with this game in the near future.

Got it aswell so I’m down for some games, Just send a message on Discord/Steam. Fair warning tho I’m gonna be horrible at it.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/228091231341641732/247719039722455040/squad_2016-11-07_20-34-03-834.jpg

Bought it. Let’s try to have a gaming evening with this game in the near future.

I’m keen, I bought this a couple of days ago.

Think you will really like it dude, squad leader is hugely important. You basically cant spawn anywhere unless your squad leader has sorted out a spawn point. Also you have a limited number of medics, max of 2 per full squad of 9 and you need them. Biggest annoyance so far is medics not following the squad and lone wolfing instead, it absolutely kills the whole teams momentum if squad leaders and medics are not doing their jobs. The start of a game reminds me a lot of a 2142 round, squad leader and a couple of other people rush a jeep to a point while the rest wait for a spawn point to be deployed. In scale its more like planetside, obviously not quite as huge but it takes a fair bit of running to get from one point to the next.

The gun play feels a lot like insurgency, you die pretty fast if someone has you in their cross-hairs. I dunno what the damage tables are actually like but im usually dead in 2 bullets, if I survive 3 consecutive hits I feel pretty damn lucky. When i shoot at people they die rapidly, theres no deviation or bullet drop as far as I can tell, doesnt matter how far away people are your crosshair needs to be on them.

So far I’ve been pretty impressed by a few of the games ive played, theres been a lot of tactical movement by the squads to get into flanking positions and coordinate assaults. Was particularly impressed by a german guy who was constantly working out shit with the other squads, setting up spawn points and giving us objectives. Felt like everyone had a responsibility and even though we lost the round because other squads failed to defend a point it was still really enjoyable.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.