Tips n' Tricks to Improve In BF4

Forums Games Battlefield 4 Tips n' Tricks to Improve In BF4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

Tips n' Tricks to Improve In BF4

Hey guys.
I though it would be interesting to share some tips n’ trick on how to get better at BF4. I will share my personal experience here and list what i believe made me more efficient on the battlefield. I would love your feedback as well. What helped you to play better?

>HIGH FRAMES PER SECOND – Play at a stable 60 fps minimum! I began playing bf on a crappy laptop getting about 30-40 fps on sub 720 ress. I later bought a good gaming desktop and got to play at a stable 60fps and that totally change my ability to react and aim.

>HIGH REFRESH GAMING MONITOR – Get a good gaming monitor. I changed from a cheap 60hz monitor to a 120Hz, 1ms responstime panel and man was that an awesome upgrade. I can highly recommend getting a 120hz/144hz screen if you have a powerful rig that is capable of pushing a high framerate like 120fps/144fps. Essentially you see a lot more of the game and every movement feels so smooth. Aiming, recoil control and tracking targets will be easier and you will also lower your input latency with the screen updating your movements more frequently. Don’t get me wrong I know very good players playing on 60hz monitors but it’s no coincidence that all pro CS players plays on high refresh rate screens.

The low responstime (grey to grey) will give you clear trace free movements with small to no motions blur when turning fast ingame.

>PLAY ON LOW GRAPHICS SETTINGS – Turn your settings in bf4 down to low except ”mesh quality”. Having this setting on high or ultra will allow you to see enemies and objects far away from you. First I played bf4 on ultra settings and it’s a very beautiful game but all the details, grass and smoke effects makes it much harder to spot enemies. Turning everything to low improved my accuracy and made it much easier for me to scan an objective for enemies. Turning the brightness slider to 100% also helped seeing enemies in dark areas and make it easier to see emeies in foliage.

>LOW MOUSE SENSITIVITY – This one is very personal. You can be preatty accurat with a high sensitivity in bf (around 20% accuracy) but for me it helped to lower it down to 2 ingame, 1000dpi on my Steelseries rival with sens 6 in windows.

Also turning uniform aiming on in bf4 is great! It makes it so you have the same sens when aiming down sight and hipfiring. All the different scopes will now also have the same sens. It helped my muscle memory in my hands and my headshot per kill and accuracy went up. (I now have about 22%-24% accuracy with my assault rifles).

>SIT CLOSE TO THE MONITOR – Not much to say here, I just found that I have an easier time when sitting about 40-50cm from my 27” screen. I feel like I’m more focused and drawn into the game BUT again this is very much personal preference 😛

Thanks for reading if you came this far. I know there could be more points but this was just my initial thoughts 😉

Reply To: Tips n' Tricks to Improve In BF4

It takes me about 51cm to do a 360 in bf4 😛

Profile Photo

It takes me about 51cm to do a 360 in bf4 ?

Jesus.

My preference for sensitivity is quite different than yours, though I lowered my sensitivity a year or two back.
Agreed on the frames mattering though. I played on a “gaming laptop” before, and got 30-40fps usually, sometimes dipping down to 20-30 fps. On my desktop I get 50-60fps pretty much all the time now, and it’s so much easier to control guns. I went on a long AEK spree when the desktop was new, because it went from “what the fuck happened there?” to “oh, he died already? Great!”.
I could always grab a few more frames and some more clarity and ease of spotting enemies by lowering down from Ultra settings, but I’m not super competitive about it, so I’ll probably stay with the eyecandy. I have a 60Hz monitor anyway, so fps gains won’t be noticed that much.

Profile Photo

These all apply to every fps game really. Another thing to add to the list is turning on raw mouse input.

FOV is kinda interesting in BF4 since the setting doesn’t affect FOV while scoped in. High FOV let’s you see lot more to your sides but stuff in the middle is much smaller. But since you can always scope in having stuff small in the middle doesn’t hurt you as much as in games where you maybe can’t use scopes.

@schnooody what’s your sens? And yeah if you really love the eye candy when go for it! Don’t have your brightness too low tho. Makes it SO hard to see people. BTW maybe you could just lower the effect quality? That setting kills your frames in explosive scenes in my experience!

@linc_o_o You are right. I still like playing on 70 fov tho 😛

Profile Photo

@schnooody what’s your sens? And yeah if you really love the eye candy when go for it! Don’t have your brightness too low tho. Makes it SO hard to see people. BTW maybe you could just lower the effect quality? That setting kills your frames in explosive scenes in my experience!

@linc_o_o You are right. I still like playing on 70 fov tho ?

I think my ingame sense is around.. 2%? Win setting is the middle setting, whatever that is, raw input is on. Can’t remember the DPI setting though. Got a new mouse this spring, along with my computer, and took about a week to find something manageable. I probably do a full circle in 4-6 inches or something, not sure, never really measured, but it’s far twitchier than “pro” players in most games, I imagine. I just can’t get used to very low settings, as I’m an old person.

Profile Photo

I recommend having everything except Mesh set to low.
Also good weapon and attachment choice can mean life and death. HBar (almost) every time (almost) all time.

Improving situational awareness by learning map design, common spots, using sound to your advantage and using minimap helps a lot, too.

And engaging enemy before he can react, eg. Jumping from behind the corner and starting to shoot when falling.

Btw. 1150 DPI 4% here.

@schnooody Hahah yeah man I understand. You don’t need pro CS:GO aim in battlefield! I believe for cs:go around 30-50cm for a 360 is the norm from what I’ve read on forums. There are also the crazies out there needing over 100cm or only 5cm for 360! 😛

@kuzhov Yeah improving is ofc not just about hardware! Learning to read the game is everything! (pressing Q all the time like a pro and checking the minimap every 3 sec) hahah xD Also good headphones with an Equalizer boosting mid and high frequencies can be gold also just for immersion factor!

Profile Photo

Also, remember that shooting and killing is just a little part of game. The teamplay is also very important, for some dude like me it is even much more important than killing. If you want to increase your teamplay level, always ask to yourself “where is the SL” and follow him and orders. That seems stupid and basic but very few of us are able to do that. I recommend to all of you to play with Remi, Safari, Frenchy or Krusty to see what is real squadplay (basicly all old dudes who were playing on 2142)

After that I got some personnal tips for gameplay, I got a lot of my kills because I’m following my SL, I let him die and I finish the dude who killed the SL.

Having the minimap taking a quarter of the screen help me a lot to keep an eye on it.

And the best thing for me is to flank enemies and not run straight for them. Flanking is the best thing to get easy kills. A little thing too is to hide behind a pillar or something while the dude is shooting and kill him when his weapon is empty.

Profile Photo

I’ve just checked my fps and I’m getting 32!!!! :/
x

Profile Photo

..I’m following my SL, I let him die and I finish the dude who killed the SL.

…hide behind a pillar or something while the dude is shooting and kill him when his weapon is empty.

Frenchest post of all time, but this is how I get most my kills too. 😀

@firenow Damn man :/ I really would recommend upgrading if you have the money!

@mccollish Can only agree although I believe killing is a big part of the game as long as you still PTFO and stick to your squad. A couple of killing machines on your team can truely turn the battle around from my experience.
And yes always have cover nearby and play around it. Find good defensive positions when capping flags and let the enemies come to you ( “tactical waiting” is sometimes a legit tactic 😛 )

Profile Photo

@firenow Damn man :/ I really would recommend upgrading if you have the money!

@mccollish Can only agree although I believe killing is a big part of the game as long as you still PTFO and stick to your squad. A couple of killing machines on your team can truely turn the battle around from my experience.

True dat^

While I’ll never be one myself, I’m not going to deny that suddenly getting a player like say, kuz, on my team doesn’t radically change my team’s odds of winning a round. Partly due to the kill balance of the player, of course, but more so in that the odds of any push on any objective that that person’s squad improves.

Anyway, checked my DPI, it’s 8500, it seems. Pretty sure ingame it’s at 2%, but I’ll check next time I play.

Profile Photo

Interesting fact about killing machines and capping flags. You won’t win many games if you don’t maintain flag lead on most maps. Except for maps like Zavod, where there is twice as many kills as on Golmud fx, and usually the round last longer – no wonder Zavod is one of the most favorite maps among people.

Zoraster on the TG forums did some good work in checking out how ticket bleed act’s. And it is insane fast compared to previous Battlefields. It’s a good read if you are bored.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads/195479-BF4-Ticket-Bleed-%28It-s-really-darn-important!%29

Think I had 15fps before my upgrade so its all good, Karl 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.