UEFA Euro 2016

Forums General Discussion General Chat UEFA Euro 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)

UEFA Euro 2016

I decided to open this topic for us to disqus everything surrounding Euro.
What are your expectations, who do you support (if your team didn’t qualify), are you even interested in football? πŸ˜€

Personally I think that Poland will win with Northern Ireland and Ukraine but draw with Germany.

As a bonus here’s little something made using BigData analysis.
LINK

Reply To: UEFA Euro 2016

I’m not that much into football, but I love the atmosphere which kinda is all over the whole country during Euro or Worldcup. I was on a public viewing when Germany won the World cup and damn, that was just amazing.

So yeah, I watch Euro and the world cup, but actually mostly just the games with Germany. Sometimes also others if I have time and nothing to do.
Austria could become a big surprise this year. I think they have improved a lot and did great during the qualification; they even were the winner of their group.
Soo.. my support goes to Germany and Austria πŸ˜›

Pretty much the same as Gonzo, will only watch ze german games and final.

I am curious about what laws we can expect during that time, e.g. this one:

http://m.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/BND-Reform-Koalition-will-das-Internet-im-NSA-Stil-ueberwachen-3228466.html

Basically NSA style total surveillance of all internet traffic (friends and germans included). No news coverage by the state media afaik. Great times…

Profile Photo

Like you guys, I will only watch the games of Norw.. oh god dammit, screw you guys!

Profile Photo

Will watch the lot! πŸ˜€ Well as may as i can :).

My heart will always say Come On England!! πŸ˜€

But France tend to always win on home soil, Belgium having the squad they have should be dangerous and of course ‘ze germans’ πŸ˜€ will be awesome so im not super confident.

I have my England flag to flap about for a few weeks though πŸ˜€

Oh and @Juri Poland are not getting a point from Germany my friend πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Peace!

Profile Photo

Like Markus and Helen i’m not really interested by foot but i’ll watch France matchs in public spot. I think France has too many injuried players and assholes in thΓ© team to win. Will see

I am super excited for Euro 2016 even more so because Austria managed the first time ever to qualify for it (in 2008 Austria and Switzerland were hosts so they were qualified automatically). As Helen said the team improved a lot with the latest coach Marcel Koller (from #70 in 2011 to #10 currently in Fifa ranking) so i am excited what they can do. πŸ™‚

I am one of the few Austrian who also support ze Germans but basically i like every country to win and have a good time. πŸ™‚

Profile Photo

I think France has too (..) assholes in thΓ© team to win.

Quelle surprise.

Because of the UEFO Euro2016 hype, barely noone notice the Copa America has started already. And there are many interesting matches to watch. (e.g Mexico beats Uruguay 3-1 o_O)
Back to the topic^^: My heart goes with Spain,la furia roja and also Austria of course.
But I am really looking forward to see England and Belgium performance in this tournament as well. But in the end, the Germans will probaly take the titel anyway πŸ™
Well then there is France who left 2 important players behind because of some moral dispute. Pfff, what a shame.

Profile Photo

Well, as a German football fan, where else could my loyalties be than with DIE MANNSCHAFT (don’t know why we are marketing our squad as that, doesn’t really sound good IMO).
Will probably watch the German matches in public viewing. The others maybe here and there, when there is time.
Not all to optimistic about our Chances of winning it this year, though. But I’m always sceptical before a big tournament. Don’t want to step on any toes here, but I would really hate to see the title go to Spain… again… especially after 2012.

Really looking forward to the next few weeks!

Oh, and Jurij, thanks for the link to the data. That’s gonna help out a lot in our Family Betting game!

Profile Photo

Spain for ever! Topnotch defence and midfield I think best on paper in the games. Strikers are a mystery would have wanted them to have Diego Costa just for his entertainment level if the matches dont go his way πŸ˜€

Belgium has some potential they allready gained 2nd spot on the fifa rankings. France is allways good specially looking forward on Pogba’s show off not to forget Griezmann.

Im watching all matches which I can and so is my footballfanatic son. Sofa be ready euro tournament is just about to start! πŸ˜€

Profile Photo

Wait, damn. 2012 it was Italy *shakes fist*

2008 we failed against Spain. Need to get my facts straight πŸ˜€

Profile Photo

England for me, so I’m getting ready for the extremehyping-up of the England team by our media followed by the inevitable failure in the QFs at best then the surgical dissection of the team in the papers and the call for Roy Hodgsons head.

Not that I’m a pessimist of course πŸ™‚

Profile Photo

England for me, so I’m getting ready for the extremehyping-up of the England team by our media followed by the inevitable failure in the QFs at best then the surgical dissection of the team in the papers and the call for Roy Hodgsons head.

Not that I’m a pessimist of course

/me points to the door

Dont want to hear that kind of talk! You may leave now! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Like you guys, I will only watch the games of Norw.. oh god dammit, screw you guys!

In this case you should support Hungary Dag πŸ˜› .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.