Various scripts

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BrianSaysRelax 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Various scripts

CS has always stored the settings of a user in a file called config.cfg in the csgo/cfg folder. Opening the config with an Editor allows you to adjust a huge list of cvars, your keybindings, crosshairsettings etc etc.
Counter-Strike will automatically execute an autoexec.cfg in the abovementioned folder, if present, which then can be used to execute mulitple other scripts, typically a userconfig, where your preferred settings are stored and will upon execution overwrite the standard config.cfg. To create a cfg file, simply copy the config.cfg, empty and rename it.

Why do all this?
Once getting used to it it can be a faster way of changing your keybindings or other cvars. It might be necessary to change some cvars to create an effective training environment on a map, to gain knowledge or practice. Scripts can store these settings and instead of altering many different variables, simply 1 command sets up your localserver the way you need it.
Upon reinstallation of the game, copying your backup of the userconfig and autoexec cfg files into the csgo/cfg folder will immediatly restore the settings you last used and you are ready to join servers immediatly.

autoexec.cfg
The autoexec is used to execute commands automatically on start of the game.

Buyscripts: Allow you to buy one or more items with a single buttonpress instead of opening the buy menu and misclicking on the wheel of fortune.
They work like this:
bind “key” “command”
Buy commands in CS: GO follow the simple pattern of: buy m4a1 for example. Lists of all the weapons are readily available on the web and you can create your own buyscript. If you would like one, do not have the nerves to do this, ask me and tell me how you want it set up. I will provide you one as i only have to modify my own for a couple of minutes.

Training scripts:
Here you can change variables for offline training to fly about the map, discuss with teammates, test grenades or weapon behavior and so forth.
Another script that resets the values to standard is absolutely recommended.

Settings:
For people that like their configs to look cleaned up, settings and keybindings can be separated.

Technically, the buyscript and settings can simply be included in the autoexec.cfg, but my personal preference is to keep it separate and cleaned up and not mashed together.

I will explain on my case: My autoexec contains the lines exec settings.cfg and exec userconfig.cfg which will then setup csgo to my liking. Cfgs can be also referenced over keybindings: I could setup my game to training mode with a buttonpress by e.g.: bind “m” “exec training” and bind “n” “exec endtraining” (which resets the cvars to standard value). This could also be bound to one key by using aliases and creating a togglescript:
alias start “exec training; bind m stop”
alias stop “exec endtraining; bind m start”
bind “m” “start” //executes the alias and therefore all commands related to it; immediatly rebinds the key to another alias.
The function of the key switches back and forth between the aliases on every press.

Reply To: Various scripts

Here is my userconfig, which includes my buyscript.

!!!!!!BEWARE OF THE GERMAN KEYBOARD LAYOUT!!!!!!!!!

unbindall

//TASTENBELEGUNG

//Satzzeichen, Umlaute und Funktionstasten
bind “PAUSE” “”
bind “INS” “buy glock;buy hkp2000”
bind “DEL” “buy p250”
bind “[” “” //ß
bind “]” “” //`(accent grave)
bind “BACKSPACE” “”
bind “HOME” “buy elite”
bind “=” “” //+(Plus)
bind “PGUP” “buy aug; buy sg556”
bind “‘” “” //ä
bind “/” “” //#(Raute)
bind “ENTER” “”
bind “PGDN” “buy deagle”
bind “,” “messagemode” //,(Komma)
bind “.” “messagemode2” //.(Punkt)
bind “-” “” //-(Minus)
bind “END” “buy fiveseven; buy tec9”
bind “ALT” “”
bind “UPARROW” “buy bizon”
bind “LEFTARROW” “buy mac10; buy mp9”
bind “DOWNARROW” “buy ump45”
bind “RIGHTARROW” “buy mp7”
//use weapon_smokegrenade; use weapon_incgrenade; use weapon_decoy; use weapon_molotov

//Numpad
bind “KP_INS” “buy vesthelm; buy vest” //Numpad_0
bind “KP_DEL” “buy defuser” //Numpad_comma
bind “KP_END” “buy flashbang” //Numpad_1
bind “KP_DOWNARROW” “buy hegrenade” //Numpad_2
bind “KP_PGDN” “buy smokegrenade” //Numpad_3
bind “KP_LEFTARROW” “buy molotov;buy incgrenade” //Numpad_4
bind “KP_5” “buy decoy” //Numpad_5
bind “KP_RIGHTARROW” “buy p90” //Numpad_6
bind “KP_HOME” “buy nova” //Numpad_7
bind “KP_UPARROW” “buy mag7;buy sawedoff” //Numpad_8
bind “KP_PGUP” “buy xm1014” //Numpad_9
bind “KP_ENTER” “buy ak47;buy m4a1” //Numpad_enter
bind “KP_PLUS” “buy galilar;buy famas” //Numpad_plus
bind “KP_MINUS” “buy awp” //Numpad_minus
bind “KP_MULTIPLY” “buy ssg08” //Numpad_multiply
//bind “KP_SLASH” “” //Numpad_divide DOES NOT WORK IN CS GO IT IS NOW –

//Linke Leiste
bind “ESCAPE” “cancelselect”
bind “`” “” ^// (accent circonflex)
bind “TAB” “+showscores”
bind “CAPSLOCK” “”
bind “SHIFT” “+duck”
bind “CTRL” “+speed”
bind “SPACE” “+jump”

//Maus
bind “MWHEELUP” “use weapon_hegrenade”
bind “MWHEELDOWN” “use weapon_smokegrenade”
bind “MOUSE1” “+attack”
bind “MOUSE2” “+attack2”
bind “MOUSE3” “+lookatweapon”
bind “MOUSE4” “”
bind “MOUSE5” “use weapon_incgrenade; use weapon_molotov; use weapon_decoy”

//F-Tasten
bind “F1” “toggleconsole”
bind “F2” “”
bind “F3” “”
bind “F4” “”
bind “F5” “buy m249”
bind “F6” “buy negev”
bind “F7” “buy g3sg1; buy scar20”
bind “F8” “incrementvar cl_crosshaircolor 1 5 1”
bind “F9” “”
bind “F10” “”
bind “F11” “use weapon_incgrenade; use weapon_molotov; use weapon_decoy”
bind “F12” “use weapon_flashbang”

//Buchstaben
bind “a” “+moveleft”
bind “b” “buymenu”
bind “c” “”
bind “d” “+moveright”
bind “e” “+use”
bind “f” “drop”
bind “g” “”
bind “h” “chooseteam”
bind “i” “”
bind “j” “”
bind “k” “”
bind “l” “”
bind “m” “”
bind “n” “”
bind “o” “”
bind “p” “”
bind “q” “use weapon_flashbang”
bind “r” “+reload”
bind “s” “+back”
bind “t” “”
bind “u” “”
bind “v” “+voicerecord”
bind “w” “+forward”
bind “x” “”
bind “y” “”
bind “z” “”

//Zahlenleiste
bind “1” “slot1”
bind “2” “slot2”
bind “3” “slot3”
bind “4” “slot4”
bind “5” “slot5”
bind “6” “slot6”
bind “7” “slot7”
bind “8” “slot8”
bind “9” “slot9”
bind “0” “slot10”

echo “///////////////////////////////”
echo “userconfig”
echo “///////////////////////////////”

Profile Photo

Are there any good fps configs? Default net settings probably aren’t optimal?

To keep things nice and tidy I have like 15 config files for tf2. -.-

As you can see, many keys are unbound but still all are listed because i like it this way.
If you would like to know the function of a key, do not hesitate to ask.

I would like to point out F8, which lets you switch your crosshaircolor on the fly with the incrementvar command.
this command can be used for any cvar with multiple values and will need a minimum and maximum value followed by the increment you would like to adjust it by. Frequent uses are netsettings or immediate crosshairchanges.

The use command allows you to bind a certain grenade directly to a key without having to press “4” multiple times.
In my case the mousewheel is used to switch to the smoke and high explosive.
The echo command in the end will print whatever is behind it in the console. This is a good way to ensure a script is executed.
Commands with + in front of them are commands that are automatically stopped when the button is depressed and executed as long as the button is pressed (crouching, moving, talking etc.)

In this config all weapons are bound to a key to be purchased, which I do not recommend. I simply did this because i have not played in one year and i wanted to test them all out. The numpad is probably sufficient to hold all buy commands you will need for competitive play, but for newbies: go ahead and try out all the guns. (Deathmatch is a great way to do this)

training.cfg and endtraining.cfg

sv_cheats 1
sv_infinite_ammo 2
sv_grenade_trajectory 1
sv_grenade_trajectory_time //not changing the variable, just want to know where i find it if necessary
sv_grenade_trajectory_dash
sv_grenade_trajectory_thickness
sv_showimpacts 1
sv_noclipspeed 5
sv_noclipaccelerate 5
mp_roundtime 30
sv_regeneration_force_on 1
cl_showpos 1

alias wireon “mat_wireframe 1”
alias wireoff “mat_wireframe 0”
bind “u” “wireon; bind u wireoff”

bind “t” “noclip”
bind “z” “god”
bind “l” “exec userconfig; exec endtraining”

bind “KP_INS” “give item_vesthelm” //Numpad_0
bind “KP_DEL” “give item_defuser” //Numpad_comma
bind “KP_END” “give weapon_flashbang” //Numpad_1
bind “KP_DOWNARROW” “give weapon_hegrenade” //Numpad_2
bind “KP_PGDN” “give weapon_smokegrenade” //Numpad_3
bind “KP_LEFTARROW” “give weapon_incgrenade” //Numpad_4
bind “KP_5” “give weapon_decoy” //Numpad_5
bind “KP_RIGHTARROW” “give weapon_p90” //Numpad_6
bind “KP_HOME” “give weapon_nova” //Numpad_7
bind “KP_UPARROW” “give weapon_mag7;give weapon_sawedoff” //Numpad_8
bind “KP_PGUP” “give weapon_xm1014” //Numpad_9
bind “KP_ENTER” “give weapon_ak47;give weapon_m4a1” //Numpad_enter
bind “KP_PLUS” “give weapon_galilar;give famas” //Numpad_plus
bind “KP_MINUS” “give weapon_awp” //Numpad_minus
bind “KP_MULTIPLY” “give weapon_ssg08” //Numpad_multiply
bind “INS” “give weapon_glock;give hkp2000”
bind “DEL” “give weapon_p250”
bind “HOME” “give weapon_elite”
bind “PGUP” “give weapon_aug; give weapon_sg556”
bind “PGDN” “give weapon_deagle”
bind “END” “give weapon_fiveseven; give weapon_tec9”
bind “UPARROW” “give weapon_bizon”
bind “LEFTARROW” “give weapon_mac10; give weapon_mp9”
bind “DOWNARROW” “give weapon_ump45”
bind “RIGHTARROW” “give weapon_mp7”

To end training, the upper script contains a binding that executes my userconfig to rebind my keys to work properly for competitive gameplay again and then executes the endtraining config upon pressing l.
These commands are in the endtraining.cfg

sv_cheats 0
sv_unlimited_ammo 0
sv_grenade_trajectory 0
sv_grenade_trajectory_time
sv_grenade_trajectory_dash
sv_grenade_trajectory_thickness
sv_showimpacts 0
sv_noclipspeed “5”
sv_noclipaccelerate “5”
mp_roundtime 2
mp_buytime 90
mp_startmoney 800
sv_regeneration_force_on “0”
cl_showpos “0”
alias wireon “mat_wireframe 1”
alias wireoff “mat_wireframe 0”

disconnect

As you can see it’s resetting all the cvars and then closing down the map with the disconnect command to the main menu.

High-FPS configs:

Typically high-fps configs disable graphical features that help to improve the framerates of weaker computers, while players with already high fps rates will use them to increase visibility, to be able to spot the enemy easier and acquire target easier due to improved contrast. Beware that there is a thin line here: oversimplifying the game is considered cheating (e.g. downscaling textures to the dregree of textured walls looking like plain bright surfaces). For this reason high fps configs are not allowed in the ESL. Basically everything you can adjust over the ingame menu is allowed there.
There are cfgs available, however, that are used in the ESL by professional players and executing them ingame while standing at a spot that provides a vista of the map clearly shows the benefit of that configuration.

The graphics settings are now separate in the video.txt file in the csgo/cfg folder. The following setup came highly recommended in the ESL forums, the Aspect Ratio and Resolution has to be changed depending on your liking and hardware.
And all of these settings seem to be setup through the ingame menu:

“setting.aspectratiomode” “1” // Aspect ratio 0 = 4:3 / 1 = 16:9 / 2 = 16:10
“setting.cpu_level” “0” // Effects; 0 = LOW / 1 = MEDIUM / 2 = HIGH
“setting.csm_quality_level” “0” // Shadow details 0 = LOW / 1 = MEDIUM / 2 = HIGH
“setting.defaultres” “1920” // X-Axis resolution
“setting.defaultresheight” “1080” // Y-Axis resolution
“setting.fullscreen” “1” // Fullscreen AN = 1 / AUS = 0
“setting.gpu_level” “0” // Shaderdetails 0 = LOW / 1 = MEDIUM / 2 = HIGH / 3 = VERY HIGH
“setting.gpu_mem_level” “0” // Model- / Texturedetails 0 = LOW / 1 = MEDIUM / 2 = HIGH
“setting.mat_aaquality” “0” // Anti-Aliasing Quality 0, 1, 2, 4
“setting.mat_antialias” “0” // Anti-Aliasing Factor 0, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16
“setting.mat_forceaniso” “0” // Anisotroph Filtering 0,2,4,8,16
“setting.mat_grain_scale_override” “0” // unknown
“setting.mat_monitorgamma” “1.6” // Brightness In-Game
“setting.mat_motion_blur_enabled” “0” // Motion Blur off = 0 / on = 1
“setting.mat_queue_mode” “2” // Multicore Rendering -1, 0, 1, 2
“setting.mat_software_aa_strength” “0” // Kantenglättungs-Faktor Softwareseitig 0, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16
“setting.mat_triplebuffered” “0” // triple buffering on = 1 / off = 0
“setting.mat_vsync” “0” // VSync on = 1 / off = 0
“setting.mem_level” “2” // additional cache
“setting.nowindowborder” “0” // Window border in window mode on = 1 / off = 0

Guide from PC Gamer with some helpful tips and explanations:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/04/how-to-configure-counter-strike-go-for-the-maximum-competitive-advantage/

Helpful video with direct comparison:

ESL Rules:
http://www.esl.eu/eu/csgo/5on5/ladder/rules/#wdh_3_1-Player20settings

As I said: to be on the safe side, you can adopt the ESL tested settings of a proplayer when it comes to the graphical setup, or -as always- just stick to your own liking. The rest of the forbidden scripts is self-explanatory; most of them are straight-up cheats, the FPS script ban is questionable however, as actually only a few variables seem to be actually not allowed, like the HDR cvar.

Perfect guide to setup your crosshair:
http://www.dodbits.com/dods/index.php/cs-go/33-cs-go-console-commands/109-interesting-cs-go-player-cvars

And your HUD:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255675204

enjoy customizing

Also: Be aware that i change this configs a lot atm as i delve deeper myself. I already spottet a lot of bugs i cannot fix in the configposts, as i cannot edit them anymore. In case you want part of it, ask me on steam for the newest version.

Netsettings:
While BF4 players bitch about a tickrate of 10(!) -and now up to 30 when the enemy is within 50 meters of you- packets per second, CS: GO players have the luxury of bitching about 64 tick servers, because there are EPS Servers that run a tickrates of 128 for CS, but in the competitive matchmaking, you will get a 64 tick server.

The important commands here are:
cl_interp 0
This is the model interpolation value; between the 2 confirmed positions you receive with the packets 64 times per second, the game interpolates the playermodel, which is not necessarily accurate. It can lead to weird scenarios, where you think you hit a player, you even see blood on his model, but he did not take any damage because on the server the shot was a miss and the blood is displayed clientside. Setting it to 0 will automatically set it to the lowest value the server allows.
This can lead to stuttering, especially on laggy players and can be irritating, but atleast you are syncing your game as close to what the server “sees” as possible.
cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate are to be adjusted to the servers tickrates, meaning 64 if you play with competitive matchmaking, 128 when on a server that pumps out that many ticks.
The rate value can be set to 128000 for example or even higher. This is a simple clientside uploadlimiter (bytes per sec), and you obviously want the server to know, that you hit your target. CS is not really demanding when it comes to upload, so anything high enough to allow everything to get through is fine (cs 1.6 had maybe 1.6kb up and 3.5kb down per sec). Playing with cmd and uprate of 64 on a 128 tick server will of course also work, you just get less information that the server could technically provide, and you send less information you could provide. There is also an interp_ratio command related to the interpolation, not sure yet how to set it up yet, the standard is 2. All in all, the standardsettings are fine, but can be optimized for EPS servers.

You should also limit your fps, as any inconsistencies -low or high- are to be avoided.
fps_max 120 or 128 seem to be recommended, as ppl are speculating whether to adapt it to a multiple of the screen refresh rate (typical lcd 60 hz) or to a multiple of the tickrate. Not sure of any of that is important, I would say no.
Certain is: inconsistencies in framerates can lead to problems (mostly mousemovement related i guess); fps peaks less so than fps drops, but the peaks can easily be eliminated. Pick a value under ur usual framerate that your pc can consistently hit, even when the screen is full of shooting enemies and you see a lot of the map.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.