What have you been watching lately?

Forums General Discussion Movies and TV What have you been watching lately?

This topic contains 117 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Toby 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)
Profile Photo

What have you been watching lately?

Soooo… what movies or tv have you all been watching lately? I could use some recommendations.

I’ll list few I enjoyed at least a little:

• Gone Girl
  • John Wick
  • Hansel & Gretel
  • Frozen
  • House of Lies (tv series)
Profile Photo

Reply To: What have you been watching lately?

New stuff or?

Here is some random stuff, I’ve watched recently:

Predestination: Lovely sci-fi movie about a time traveller
Joe: Nicolas Cage can still act!
Fargo (2014): Amazing tv-series with Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton (watch the movie Fargo first)
Primal Fear (1996): Pretty decent “court” movie, with one of the best endings.
Mr. Nobody: Just a wacky crazy and amazing movie with a lot of different timelines/jump.
In the name of the father (1993): Watched this recently, love it, based on a true story. Basically shows how fucked up police and trials can be.
Babadook: My new favorite horror movie. Not the usual jump scare shit, but actually has a bit of depth in it’s story / meaning.
Baraka (1991) and Samsara (2011): You like photography? Then watched this, basically a lot of amazing filmed stuff with music.

Some I’ve enjoyed recently:

Sons of Anarchy: Quite literally the best TV series I’ve watched……ever. I’ve got the very last episode to watch tonight.
The Walking Dead: Can’t get enough of it.
Guardians of the Galaxy: One of the best and underrated super hero movies out.
Man of Tai Chi: I loved this film which is done badly but the action and fighting in it is great.
The Raid: There is a fight scene in a hallway which is exhaustingly brilliant and an art in choreography. Watch this first before watching↓
The Raid 2: Not as good as the first but still brilliant.
The Maze Runner: In the mould of The Hunger Games with a sequel coming out in December.
The Interview: Just don’t let Kim know you’ve watched it! Funny though.
Pan’s Labyrinth: Not one to watch with the kids at all.

Profile Photo

Orphan Black

Lost (8th time or so, still the best show ever)

Profile Photo

It doesn’t have to be new. Just anything good you’ve watched recently. ^^

I watched Maze Runner last night. I hadn’t really looked it up as the poster of it just gave me the impression it would be sort of like Cube but it was actually alright. Cheers.

I’ve seen Fargo movie so I guess I should check out the series as well.

Profile Photo

This blew my mind, highly recommended viewing.

Profile Photo

I watched Hanna the other day; whilst the story is fairly basic, the movie is pure technical perfection.
Light, cinematography and music are just amazing.
There’s a scene where a guy is followed that culminates in a fight scene and the entire 10min sequence from start of walking to end of fight is one single shot with no cuts, it’s amazing.

Profile Photo

Breaking bad from the beginning, seen as I only got to season 3 then stopped!
Also for Valentines me and my girlfriend went to see 50 Shade of Grey, the film itself is pretty well done but apparently they miss a lot of stuff from the books. Although some bits made me cringe slightly.

Profile Photo

Hahaha Jaws! So how was it to be the henpecked husband (isn’t that the right word?)?

“The secret of the Seven Sisters” on YouTube

Since i am studying Petroleum Engineering, one of my “live-green” friend gave me the tip to watch this. Finally i watched it yesterday and it was mind blowing, even though i dont know if everything is the truth, but it was still very interesting.

Profile Photo

The movie I had seen was actually Argo not Fargo. -.-

Fargo TV series was good though. Does anyone know when the next season of Game of Thrones starts?

Hey Linc.
I have seen two starting days the 8th and 15th of April. (the second has a bigger chance)

Profile Photo

House of cards season 3!!

Profile Photo

Agreed.

House of Cards is pretty epic, I’ve nearly finished already. I’m really enjoying the Putin inspired plot this season.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.