What have you been watching lately?

Forums General Discussion Movies and TV What have you been watching lately?

This topic contains 117 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Toby 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
Profile Photo

Reply To: What have you been watching lately?

I’m not much of a fan of the Pirates movie. They are good action flicks or whatever, the latest is a bit of the same, has some funny bits, but are also crazy predictable. The girlfriend like it though. πŸ˜›

I actually prefered the new guardian over the first one. I thought it was more entertaining and I liked the story more.

Watched the new Pirates of Carribean yesterday, and it wasn’t bad either. Better than the 4th at least imo πŸ˜€ Jokes felt forced sometimes and the humor is a little bit more suggestive πŸ˜› I can reccomend to watch it in english tho, some jokes just didn’t make any sense in German. And some big plot holes^^
And as always, remember to stay after the credits, like in every Pirate movie πŸ˜›

I didn’t like the new alien at all. Probably had wrong expectations, had hopes for a little bit more horror and a little bit less Prometheus πŸ˜€ And just.. stupid stupid stupid people. Which scientist would behave like that?! But that’s probably a question for 99,9% of all movies.

Anyone who has seen Splice? It was released a few years ago. I think it’s quite a good movie, it just made me cringe so often πŸ˜€

Profile Photo

I fund king Arthur really bad. I was hopping for some coconuts and holy grenade etc… but nothing

Splice was cool, i liked it too.

Pirates of the Caribbean was fun only the first time, every one after that left me with exponentially increasing meh.

Profile Photo

I’m the same the 1st Pirates was really good but from then…. not good at all
A decent film to watch if you haven’t seen it is Manchester by the Sea πŸ™‚
x

Watched the importance of tying your own shoes (Trailer)

and

La famille BΓ©lier Trailer

on Amazon Prime and they were well worth it. Both for the laugh and the heart – a recommendation to watch with your Ladies πŸ˜‰

Profile Photo

Ghost in the Shell was pretty good. I remember having watched the anime years ago. Some review I saw said this movie was crummy but I enjoyed it. 7/5

I have watched Nordwand (North Face) recently. Maybe its because i can relate to climbing but the movie had me really on the edge for its second half – very suspenseful. Had me thinking to reconsider picking up climbing. πŸ˜€

It is also quite close to true events – in fact the weakest aspects of the film were the fictional elements (the love interest and an action of one protagonist that seemed a bit sudden and out of character).

Nordwand (the trailer is shit)

Profile Photo

Finished 1st season of Rectifiy ages ago, but first now starting up 2nd season and it is a good drama.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/

Profile Photo

Black Sails

Bear with me here a moment. Now when I first discovered this, I thought the following: “Produced by Micheal Bay, Trailer looks like Sex, Blood and Violence; The picture looks weirdly saturated… Well this is gonna be crap.”

What followed though was a very well written, beautifully acted Series, in which the story flowed perfectly, from beginning to the ending. The characters have a wonderful development, the villians feel real. The show is not afraid to move forward, not afraid to surprise, and most of all, so much more than I expected in the beginning.

Oh, and did I mention it is about Pirates? Top quality.

Just finished the last episode today, and it is one of those shows where, now that it is over, I’m sad about it.

So, if you’re looking for something, give it a shot. The first season is a bit slow, but it pays off. It pays off so much.

Profile Photo

I don’t really get much to watch by myself anymore so I’m out of the loop with current tv shows, is there anything that is suitable for the missus and I to watch, she likes something easy and too mentalily challenging, action, sex, drama, comedy is ok. Watching something after 10/11pm and she needs something easy πŸ™‚
What do you recommend please πŸ˜‰
x

Don’t know if it fits, but heard good things about Narcos, the Netflix series.
Haven’t seen it yet, but going to watch it next week.

Profile Photo

Yes I see it alot around all the time but haven’t actually got around to watching it but is it sit down with a chic series???
I’ve just watched the 1st series of Power and that is pretty good(netflix) well worth a watch – James “Ghost” St. Patrick, a wealthy New York night club owner who has it all, catering for the city’s elite and dreaming big, lives a double life as a drug kingpin.
x

Profile Photo

I’m currently watching Lucifer and really like it. It’s a kind of thriller with a neat ongoing devil/heaven/redemption story. It sure has it weaknesses but if you’re looking for something light hearted I can only recommend it.

Profile Photo

Friends re-run from s1. @firenow

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.