Windows 10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
Profile Photo

Windows 10

Sooo it’s not much time until Windows 10 won’t be for free anymore and I’m wondering if I should finally upgrade. So I want to ask you about you experience with it so far. I use my PC for gaming and social media only. I’m not productive with it in any way. I don’t even have office on it yet! And because of DX12 and upcoming games and hardware it’s probably smarter to upgrade as long as I don’t have to pay 100 bucks for it.

My PC is currently on Win 7 Proffessional and it boots in like 15-20 secs so that isn’t a reason to upgrade at all. Specs:
i5 6600K
8GB DDR4 RAM
MSI GTX 970 OC
240GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD with Win 7 Proffessional, BF4 and a few side programms on it, 97GB space left.

Thanks you in advance 🙂

Reply To: Windows 10

Remember to delete system32 to run your computer faster after instal win10

Profile Photo

If you’re not scared of M$ spying on you I’d say do upgrade. From my experience 10 is quite a bit smoother and faster than 7. And there’s some usability improvements like virtual desktops and winkey+tab is much better than before.

Profile Photo

I did the same upgrade from 7 to win10 and all good here im not even crashing on bf4 anymore! Well the 1st install was just a big mess as I couldnt get on my desktop at all just plain black screen. Then went back to win7 for few months and decided to give w10 a go again and it actully worked on the second install.

Profile Photo

Upgraded to Windows 10 around when it came out, and I can’t think of any reason I wouldn’t recommend upgrading. For Windows, thats about as a good a recommendation as you can get 🙂

Same here. Using Windows 10 since early Insider builds. For me it’s the most polished Windows to date.
And with some tweaking you can disable most of tracking and other stuff F:
If someone needs help with this just write here or PM me.

Profile Photo

When it came out i downloaded Win 10 Pro, and all te tracking stuff is automatic off 🙂
Im running an other copy on my FreeNAS server in jail to and working like a charm.

Till what date is the free update? STill running win 8.1, but I’d need win10 for dx12?

Profile Photo

Yeah, dx12 is win10 only, as far as I know. Free upgrade ends on July 29th, according to the googles.

As for Win10, it’s been a pleasant enough ride. Not crazy about not being the master of when it runs upgrades, but it’s also not as if it runs them when I am actually using the the computer, so it’s usually not a huge deal. Having a google account, I am resigned to being the NSA’s bitch in any case, so not sure how much the extra tracking matters to me.

Profile Photo

Because of my data: I play games (purchased them in a proper way unless steam becomes ilegal), youtube, messing with my hardware and monkeys forum. That’s pretty much everything I do on it and therefore I don’t think I have anything to hide.

What do you think how much DX12 will improve gaming in future games and future hardware.

I think it will be somewhat similar to the dx11/dx9 situation. dx12 will have improvements but most if not all games will support dx11 for older systems. But i am sure it will play a bigger role than the non-existing dx10 back than so i would recommend the upgrade. From my experience Win10 works flawless.

You know you could use for everything else than gaming a proper OS. Dual boot works fine with Windows 10 too.
*let the flamewar begin

Profile Photo

Okay I think I will update this evening? Any important advices?

Backup backup and backup would be the three most important things. And I would recommend a clean install. I also used the upgrade a while back and ever since my PC was running meh. Now after formatting it runs smooth like Jazz.

That what Markus said but actually one should always have backups anyway.

I don’t really want to upgrade to Windows 10 (I’m perfectly satisfied with my Windows 7), but I thought maybe it would be useful to have a free licence for my desktop computer. Do you think it would be wise to get a second SSD and install Windows 10 on the second SSD? I would able to just change boot priorities and boot up Windows 10 whenever needed and just keep using Windows 7 until truly necessary (when DX12 is more important or any other things). I could still use the unused space of the “Windows 10”-SSD for file storage and games (which would somehow work from within both operating systems).
Any thoughts on that matter are appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.